14-I Want You

Mason

After my visit with Ben, I drove straight for Aiden's house. He lived with his mom, who was a single mother like my own. I've met her a few times, and it's clear to see where Aiden's sweetness comes from. She's so kind, and welcoming.

Aiden's mother, Jane, is deaf, like him. She wanted to give him a life that she wasn't able to have growing up. As he told me, her words were that this is a hearing world. That is why she gave him the opportunity for a cochlear implant when he was young, and set him up with so much speech therapy. She wanted him to have the best chance she could give him.

When I pulled up in front of their home, I dismounted my bike and began walking to the door. I rang the doorbell, seeing the flashing light it caused through the window. Jane answered the door moments later, and smiled at me. Her hands began to fly as I tried to interpret her experienced sign language.

So nice ... you! Aiden ... upstairs, please come in!  This was all I was able to get from her speedy signs, but it was enough to understand what she was trying to say. I smiled at her and stepped inside. She gestured to the stairs with a smile, giving me permission to go to Aiden's room.

Thank you.  I signed with a smile before walking upstairs. 

I reached Aiden's bedroom door, which was closed. I raised my hand to knock, but stopped myself. What if he's not wearing his cochlear processor? I glanced around for just a second before I noticed a small button on the door frame. It was similar to the doorbell outside of the front door, so I pressed it. I could see a flashing light through the space under the door at my feet. 

Aiden opened the door and smiled when he saw me. I was immediately wrapped in his warm hug, and squeezed him tight. I kissed the top of his head and inhaled his sweet scent while my face was in his curls.

He pulled back and looked up at me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me.

"I just wanted to talk to you. Is that okay?" I signed my words as he had, still unsure if he was wearing his processor or not. It could be difficult to tell sometimes with his hair.

"Of course!" he said with a smile before pulling me into his room. 

I saw his cochlear processor laying on his desk, and was glad I made the right call. 

"Your mom signs so fast!" I told him while signing my words slowly.

"Lots of practice," he said with a hearty laugh. He pulled his phone from his pocket as it vibrated, and scanned the screen for a few seconds before tapping away at it.

"My mom is just telling me she's leaving to go run some errands, and visit a friend. She didn't want to come up here to tell us because she didn't want to disturb us," he said with an eyeroll and a smirk.

"She's so sweet," I told him. He smiled and nodded.

Aiden walked to his desk and grabbed his processor, tucking it behind his ear. He walked to his bed and sat down, patting the spot beside him. I sat beside him.

"What did you want to talk about?" he asked

"I just got back from visiting Ben," I told him. His eyes bulged at that.

"Okay, spill." I laughed at his response.

"Nothing happened," I sighed as I flopped backwards onto the bed. "I asked him about my 'mom's mate'," I said with air quotes, "and he said he didn't know him. I didn't want to stress him, so I dropped it."

"I'm sorry, babe," he said while he caressed my arm. His touch was perfect, eliciting goosebumps across my body as it always had. I sat up and cradled his perfect little face in my hands.

"I love you so much," I whispered while my lips brushed against his. He sighed, his minty breath floating up through my nostrils.

"I love you too," he whispered back. I ran my fingers through his hair and he closed his eyes and rolled his head back, practically purring from my touch.

I took the opportunity to lean forward and kiss his exposed neck. I ran my tongue across his adam's apple, causing the sexiest moan to escape his mouth. I kissed and sucked across the side of his neck, and Roman was chomping at the bit. He was beside himself that we hadn't marked Aiden yet.

"I want you, Mason," he whispered softly. My pants grew tighter as I laid him back, and crawled on top of him.