Chapter 6

Emma Puckhaber eats poop
HAYES' POV:

Madeline was stunning in person. I don't know if it was the clothes she wore or the way she did her hair but whatever it was, it amazed me. I never thought a human could be this perfect. But I can't let her know that. At least, not yet. We are only friends and will most likely stay that way.

She met up with me and Nash walking down the sidewalk and I introduced her to my brother. I knew they would get along well. When we finished talking, we continued to walk down the sidewalk to the park where we were originally going.

When we got there, we were all stunned at what we saw.

Police tape was across the whole park area. There were investigators at the slides, monkey bars, and even at the benches and water fountains.

If your trying to catch a killer at the neighborhood park, I would think it might be kind of hard to find a fingerprint since all the little kids are playing on the equipment.

I immediately pulled out my friends from school who lived near me and asked them if they knew what happened

GROUP MESSAGE WITH HAYES, DANIEL, MATTHEW, BRIAN, STEPHEN, AND TYLER:

Hayes: Do you guys know what happened at the park?

In a matter of 3 minutes, I got a bunch of responses.

Stephen: No, what happened?

Tyler: Ummm what's going on..

Daniel: Dude what did u do now

Brian: No because I'm not 6. I don't go to that park anymore

But the response that surprised me the most was Matthew's...

Matthew: Yeah, I witnessed it happen.

*AT THE POLICE STATION*

"Yeah, there was a man... a... wom... woman... and a.... a daughter.... I think. I can't remember cl... clearly." I heard my friend Matthew say from outside the interrogation room.

I can't believe one of my friends is helping to solve a murder mystery. It's like one of those episodes of 20/20 where the teenager has no control of his actions and just goes crazy. Even thought Matthew didn't commit the crime, it's kinda cool to be a part of this. I've never been in a real police station before, only for a field trip in 5th grade.

When Matthew stepped out of the interrogation room, his eyes were all red and puffy like he had been crying.

"Dude what's up with you?" My other friend Daniel said to him.

Matthew's words were very faint but we could just make out what he was saying.

"The man killed my mother".

--------------------

The murderer killed Matthew's mom!! Ik Matthew is a new character but he will hopefully remain in the story!

Might not update tomorrow because it's my birthday!!!, but I'll try:)

-Madison