Chapter 41

Jimin woke up in a bermudagrass dotted by tiny daffodils. Their soft feathery pollens frolicked in the air with a soft breeze ruffling their petals. She turned around and saw little butterflies lazily flitting around the lush grass and dipping their tiny feet on sunflowers. The sky was blue, and clouds would bounce across like a dancing sheep. She inhaled the freshness of the air and stared upwards as the sun basked her face in its yellow rays of glory.

Footsteps were coming towards her. Minjeong sat next to her; she lowered her head, blocking the sunlight that shone on her face.

"You like sleeping here in the garden?" Minjeong brushed the hair on her forehead. She roamed her eyes in the garden. It was no wonder that Jimin would love this place. The bonsai trees were inlined at the pathway. In the center of a garden, a small pond with lily pads were in bloom.

"I like it here. It makes me relax." Jimin opened her eyes. The grass beneath her resembled the colors of her irises. "The best place to sleep outside your house."

"Jimin," Minjeong uttered softly while she caressed her hair.

"Yes?" She responded with her eyes closed. The air blew to their direction; Minjeong's touch was soothing to her skin.

"What are the things you don't like about me?"

"Are you asking me about your flaws?"

"Yes." Minjeong lightly dabbed her brow.

"Hhhmmm...let's see." Jimin opened her eyes then frowned.

Minjeong snorted in amusement. "Wow, am I that bad? You'll make a book out of the list of my flaws." She laughed while speaking, and tapped her legs. "Lie down here." Jimin used her lap as a pillow, Minjeong stroked her long hair between her fingers.

She gently squeezed Minjeong's thigh then smiled. "Well, for a start. You're too stubborn."

Minjeong rolled her eyes, she chuckled. "I'm always listening to you. I'm not that hard-headed."

"You always steal from me," Jimin reminded her.

"I just loved to steal kisses from you." She admitted with a blushing face. The scene where she met Jimin flashed in her mind.

"You always ruin the things that I fixed," Jimin complained, she softly pinched Minjeong's nose, making her laugh with her dimpled cheek.

"You're too organized. Besides, you look cute whenever you're annoyed. I like making fun of that serious face of yours." She managed to squeeze Jimin's nose.

"Hey!" She lifted an eyebrow, and her finger lightly poked Minjeong's cheek.

Minjeong quickly stole a kiss. She leaned closer, glided the tip of her nose to caress the cheek of Jimin.

"What about me? What are my flaws?" Jimin whispered.

"Hmmm...you have a lot on my list." Minjeong looked at the sky as if searching for the answer.

"Am I that bad?" Jimin scrunched her face in annoyance.

Minjeong joyfully laughed, the wind brushed a few strands of her hair while the sunlight filtered across the gaps of branches and leaves, creating tiny spotlights that danced merrily on the ground.

"You're quick-tempered. You easily get annoyed. But you are only one who can melt me with your green eyes. God, it's so cheesy, but it's true." She lazily twirled her finger around the softness of Jimin's hair.