Chapter 55

"Some of the assets will be liquidated. The board of directors' decision will be based upon your future plans, Miss Yu." Attorney Choi remarked, presenting the papers to be signed.

Jimin leaned her back on the chair. The sunlight coming from the glass window was like a tunnel formed from the bright light of the day. She read the papers she was holding and signed them.

"The other 30 percent of the company had been transferred to Mr. Miyawaki just as you requested, Miss Yu," Mr. Choi continued.

Jimin nodded, her eyes still fixed on the document. "He will supervise the company while I'm out of the country. I can assure you the corporation will be in good hands; his business acumen is impeccable." She answered while signing the final document.

"Your judgment on this matter is perfect, Miss Yu. There is nothing to worry about."

After a few minutes of discussing some future plans, the conversation came to an end. Mr. Choi stood from his seat, holding the briefcase. "I'll be going now, Miss Yu. I wish you a safe flight and happiness in your new life abroad." He extended his hand for a handshake.

Jimin stood and warmly received it. "Thank you, Mr. Choi."

Mr. Choi nodded at her. "Goodbye, Miss Yu." He went to the door and left.

Jimin sighed as she sat down. It would only take a few days for her departure. She had been to many countries and, after all, there was no need to worry. But there was part of her that would be missing if she would go. She drank the remaining whiskey; there was no turning back to her decision; there was nothing to compromise.

Her phone rang; the screen lit up and noticed the name.

Jimin picked up the phone then leaned against the chair and stared at the blue sky outside the window, "Hello? Boa?"

"How are you doing? I heard the news you're going abroad," Boa's voice had a worried tone.

Jimin couldn't help but smile at her concern. "You always care for me, Mom. I will miss you."

"Why I have this feeling that you will not return?"

"How can you say that?"

Jimin could hear the long sigh at the other line, "Is this a permanent goodbye, Jimin?"

The sadness in her green eyes grew dimmer, while the sunlight painted her face. "I have to do this; you know that."

"Are you going to leave? Without asking, Winter?"

🕊️🕊️🕊️🕊️🕊️

"Are you sure about your decision?"

"Y-yes."

Sister Clara smiled gently. "You're not going to hold back your decision, Sister Winter? Are you sure?"

Winter folded her hands in her lap, she nodded, smiled, and lowered her head. "Yes, I have decided to serve God and find my happiness."

Sister Clara placed her hands on the table. A small crucifix was hanging on the wall near her seat, and books were laid on the desk. "I'm glad you still want to serve the church. You have an undying devotion to our lord."

Winter acknowledges it in a tiny smile. "It's my passion to serve our Lord."

Clara noticed the sadness in her eyes. "Are you sure about that, Winter?" she asked softly.

"Can I ask you a question, Sister Clara?"

She nodded at her. "Go ahead, Sister Winter."

"How can I find the courage to change? I'm used to the world I live in. But there is a part of my life that is missing. I don't know how to be happy. How to be happy?"