Chapter 44

The light breeze blew across the city. Minjeong's hair flew in wild directions. She reached up and tucked her hair behind her ear and kept walking through the crowded street. The wind also caressed her green dress, sending ripples to her clothes. She looked up at the sky, smiling at the sight when the helicopter temporarily blocked the sunlight.

Minjeong continued to strut along the street, a few of her neighbors were also walking behind her. Familiar faces were part of the crowd; some were colleagues, close friends, and acquaintances. Then it started to snow around the place, she paused and stretched out her palm to catch a snowflake, it was cold, but the atmosphere was warm. All of a sudden, cherry blossoms descended from tall buildings.

Along the way, she met Miyawaki Sakura, together with Jiwon and Yunjin. She acknowledged them with a smile, and they responded with a friendly grin.

Minjeong stopped at the pedestrian lane, she was alone waiting for the traffic light to turn green. Out of nowhere, she heard a strange noise coming in her direction. Her lips widened in a smile when she saw Sugun wearing a band uniform and happily striking a drum.

The parade had costumes that were as colorful as a spring in bloom like bright yellows, orange, red and green. Sequins were sparkling in the brilliant afternoon sun and feathers of every color. The mimes marched down in the middle of the crowd blowing bubbles or waving as they went. The musicians played their violins and guitars, together with flamenco dancers gracefully swaying their bodies in tune to the beat. The parade danced its way in front of Minjeong.

Next in line was the parade of ballerinas. They danced gracefully, they stretched their hands and lowered their heads in front of Minjeong. They twirled, jumped, and danced in the air. Colorful butterflies flew over their heads and joined them.

The pedestrian sign turned into green. Minjeong crossed the street; the wind brushed her face and smiled happily on her way to the Diner. Her footsteps changed the road; flowers bloomed along the way. Pink roses filled the pavement, and the Diner was the only one standing in one place. Sunflowers surrounded her favorite coffee shop, and behind it was the sun shining brightly. The view of the Diner was like a painting or landscape of a beautiful picture.

Minjeong gently pushed the door; the small bell rang upon her entrance. A strange light enveloped the room. Daejoon raised his eyes at her and carried on wiping the glasses behind the counter. The light inside the Diner was illuminating, but it was not hurtful to the eyes. She roamed her sight; she smiled to find the only customer in the Diner.

Jimin was sitting at the corner, reading her book and covered in white light. Minjeong slowly advanced towards her, the place became dimmer, but the immortal remained bright. In slow motion, the eternal Queen looked at her and saw the sweet smile on Minjeong's lips and said a familiar phrase.

"Hello...stranger."

Her past with Jimin manifested in her dream.

The memories of their petty fights.

"You're annoying! Stop treating me like a child! Why do you control me?" Minjeong yelled in frustration.

"I'm not controlling you. I want to protect you. You always make me worried." Jimin crossed her arms and leaned on the kitchen counter.

Minjeong sighed. "But why do you have to remove my classmates from school?"

"They are not your friends! I don't want you to get hurt!"

"How can I stand up to myself? You're always there. You're making me weak," Minjeong felt offended. In their petty fight, if she was upset, Jimin was furious. It was the only thing that made the immortal immature.