Haven

Trigger Warning ⚠️

******************************

Hyunjin's pov (3rd person) :

FLASHBACK (CONTINUED) :

Fleeing.

It was the ultimate solution to his unbearable life, his immeasurable sorrows, his now negligible tolerance, his beyond-one's-wildest-dreams hardships, his insufferable torment, his disturbing tragedies, his hell-resembling house, his heinous parents, his fate worse than death, his double trouble ex.

He couldn't find any alternative. So with a travel bag, which was equipped with his most necessary stuff like the seven jewels, his art tools and his childhood toys, he slipped off the window and successfully escaped.

Currently he was wandering like a stray kid at an unfamiliar territory of Seoul. He was like an alien to his surroundings because he had never been to much places except his school, the beach and Jaxon's neighborhood. The reason being primarily he was an introvert and then his generous parents.

The first person that came in his mind was Yeji. His haven. His retreat where he could seek for comfort. But he didn't know how to locate her. He knew nothing about her residence since they earlier met years ago.

He whined at the idea of him getting kidnapped, robbed, or even murdered. He hadn't meticulously planned the escape. He just wanted to run away. The fifteen year old thought :

Why am I so unfortunate to become the victim of everything bad? What now?

Unaware of the lot, he sat on the footpath bench and did the only thing he was capable of, crying. He sobbed with his hands curtaining his eyes, head lowered, eyes squinted with all the painful memories.

He swore that a movie on his history would get higher ratings in 'dark past' , 'spooky' or 'brutality' themes than Frozen or The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

After few minutes of weeping, he felt a nudge on his shoulder and a powerful voice,

"Dumbling?" That nickname. That voice.

He jolted up his head with such a force that it could have broken his vertebral column, but odds were on his side.

"Y-yeji." He spoke in a voice above whisper.

Definitely odds were on his side.

********************************

Yeji's pov (1st person) :

As Hyunjin saw me, he gave me a look like he found an oasis in the desert after walking for miles.

He instantly threw himself on me, hugging me bone-crushingly, like his life depended on it.

I resisted the urge to push him away out of reflex, because for a good seconds I stood dazed and shocked like a thunderbolt hit out of the blue, but judging by the way he was crying in my arms, I returned the gesture.

He seemed to loosen up a bit and when I was certain that he could manage himself steadily, I pulled out and made him sit on the bench with me.

Then I held his shoulders in a reassuring manner and asked with brows knitted as I got concerned,

"Did they beat you again?"

He looked in my eyes, took a deep breath and replied, "Yes."