I Know I Love You

Hyunjin's pov (3rd person) :

The following morning was relatively bland once Yeji and he arrived at the University, a sharp contrast to the joy he felt the previous night. That night, after much persistence and another bout of pleas from Yeji, Hyunjin finally gave in and allowed her to read his letters.

His half-hearted attempt at maintaining some semblance of secrecy didn't last long because privacy was a concept that simply didn't exist between the two cousins.

They had always been close, but he knew that he had been the one to create a wall between them. Sharing the letters with her felt like a small but significant step toward rebuilding the trust and openness that they once had.

It also came as a relief to have his sister by his side, who had helped him tackle the huge task of sorting through the 7,000 letters. The sheer volume of them had been overwhelming to Hyunjin, albeit it was his own idea, but the younger's assistance was handy and he was grateful.

She not only helped him read through them, but she also took the time to reread the selected ones, because both of them knew the fact that Hyunjin sometimes struggled to grasp the intentions behind the words on the first try.

He had not started another pillow fight when Yeji had sung a freestyle song of six lines for him; the taunting lyrics being flooded with the phrase 'dumb dumpling'. Nonetheless, her vocals were, to the ferret's surprise, really admirable. His overthinking brain may or may not have been formulating a plan to promote her talent in the near future.

Before he could have considered it further, his sister had surprised him with a request. She had asked him to post one of his hidden paintings on his Instagram; a secret hobby of his that, naturally, had not escaped Yeji's feline vision.

Recognising the potential in the idea, which would've provided his followers with something different from his usual choreographies, he had found no reason to refuse.

With no risk of exposure since only Yeji was aware of his painting skills, he had promptly agreed and uploaded few of his latest artworks, eager to witness his followers' reaction to this newly revealed facet of his creativity.

************************

(Next slide)