Chapter 11

Chapter 11
"It looks like you do."

About ten minutes later Danny entered the room. "Sorry that it took so long." He said making his way towards me and taking a seat next to me on the bed. "It's okay." I said giving him a smile. "Let's start again." I said. He opened his laptop and we got back to work.

|

|

|

After about fifteen minutes there was a knock on the door. "Come in." Danny said while he was typing on his laptop. The door opened halfway. Cole poked his hand through the door crack.

"Would you mind if I steal Violet for twenty minutes." Cole said looking at me and giving me a smile. I gave him a smile back and I felt Danny look at us.

"Yeah, sure." He said. I turn my head towards him. "You sure we still have to finish this project." You said. "I know, but it will be fine were almost done anyways." He said giving me a smile. "Okay." You said standing up from your spot on the bed and made your way towards Cole who opened the door fully.

I past Cole and we made our way down the stairs. "Where are we going?" I asked walking in the hallway towards the front door. "Just follow me." He said.

He opened the front door and we made our way down the porch stairs. "My hoodie looks good on you." He said giving me a smirk as we kept walking. "Sorry I didn't know it was yours Danny just gave it to me so I ju--." I said while stuttering a little bit. "Vi, it's okay." He said giving me a smile.

He just laughed and we arrived at a little horse coral. A beautiful creamy brown horse came up to us. "Hey, hey boy." Cole said while going to sit on the fence. "Can you toss me that?" He asked as he pointed towards the scoop on the ground.

"Just a half scoop is good." He said sticking his hand out. I scooped food out of the red bucket and handed it to Cole. "Thank you." He said. Cole shakes the horse and the horse started to come closer. "There you go." Cole said to the horse letting it eat out of the scooper.

I look up at Cole and smile. "Have you ever rode before?" He asked me. "I did it sometimes with my mom, but now I don't do it anymore." I said looking up at the boy.

"Did you like it?" He asked. "Yeah I did. It felt free." I said while looking up at him and gave him a smile. "I mean horses, they are so big and beautiful. And the have minds of their own, and sometimes they are a little unpredictable but I like it yeah." I added. He shot me a smile and let the horse eat the rest of its food.

"Some people are scared of them, but I think they just don't know how to treat them right." Cole said looking down at me. "It looks like you do." You said staring into his green eyes.

"Yeah well, I've been riding all my love." Cole said with a smile on his face while he is stroking the horse. "This is Custard." He said with a smile spread across his face. "He is a beauty." He added.

"He is." I said with a smile on my face. "Wait, Custard?" You asked.

"I named him when I was, like six. Okay? So no laughing." He said looking at me.

"Well I wasn't." I said letting a chuckle escape past my lips. "Here. Do you wanna feed him?" He asked me holding out the scooper towards me. I take the scoop. "Yeah, sure." I said holding out the scoop towards the horse. The horse whinnies and took a step back while I flinched by the sudden movement.