Chapter 8: Coming to the Rescue

*Natasha's POV*

I was at the Smith's house, sitting on the couch, watch as they drank. I also had a wine glass in hand, but never even touched it, unlike the other guests. Right now, they were laughing their heads off, about some random event I didn't even know about. Probably something embarrassing about Nikita, but I wasn't gonna bug over it. My mind was in some other parallel universe. On Nikki. She looked so beautiful tonight. My eyes were glued to her the entire time. I hope and pray that she would be safe and okay tonight. To me, the words 'Ronnie' and 'alcohol' didn't mix well with me. I was pulled out of my thoughts when a ringing sound pounded against my ear drums. In the corner, on a corner table, a phone was ringing vigorously. It was pretty annoying, but I didn't care. I looked around, seeing that no one else got up and volunteered to answer it, so I guess it was up to me.

"Hello?"

"Mom!" Came a muffled, but still faint yelling sound. I could recognize that angelic voice anywhere.

"No, this is Natasha."

There was no reply, just loud crying. Fear had shot through me.

"Nikki. Nikita! Is everything okay?" I half yelled into the phone, hoping and trying not to make anyone else hear.

"I-I need you over here. I think I've been drugged."

My mouth dropped open at her words as I began to gasp heavily, panicking. Oh my God, she was drugged? I glanced over at Ms. Smith, who was on the floor, laughing her head off.

"Nikki? Nikki, where are you?"

"At my house." She whispered, in between sobs.

"Nikki, honey. What were you drugged with?"

"I don't know. Maybe it was a roofie or something."

"A what?!" I half shouted. A roofie? Oh hell no! That fool, Ronnie must have drugged Nikki.

"Stay there, sweetheart. I'm on my way."

I quickly grabbed my keys and jacket and headed out the door. Nobody even noticed that I had left because they were too distracted about their conversation. The cold air prickled at my arms, as I forgot to put my jacket on. I shivered at its icy sting and swiftly wrapped my jacket around me. I rushed into my car, not even caring about my seat belt and headed over to Nikki's house. We lived next door to each other, which made a whole lot more sense. I was on the road and about to turn into my driveway when I saw a trashcan was blocking my way. Damn, I didn't have time to deal with this, I thought to myself. I angrily moved the trashcan to the side of my driveway and parked my car. I rushed over to Nikki's yard, where I managed to dodge her five security system measures. Jesus, how many security systems did this chick buy? I was pretty much grateful her door was unlocked, and I stepped inside only to hear nothing but dead silence. I walked down the hallway to Nikita's room and my eyes caught sight of a dark figure laying on Nikita's bed. Despite the dark void filling the room, I knew right away that the injured body belonged to Nikki. I could recognize those luscious curves anywhere.

"Nikki!"

I sat down on the bed beside her, staring shockingly at the horror that had befallen me. Her mouth was bleeding profusely and her cheek was very swollen. Her makeup was smeared to the brim and dried tears were on her face as well. My eyes travelled down to her body and a couple bruises were displayed on her wrists and biceps. Her dress was untouched, but I decided to examine the rest of her body anyway as I began to lift her dress above her head. Her bra was slightly off. I forced my eyes to look away, now is not the time. She had shoes on and her body was shaking, but no response came from her.

"Nikita!"

Still no response. I lightly shook her, trying to wake her up. Her eyes slowly opened and a scream erupted from her mouth, followed by a few tears. She tried scooting away from me, but I gently grabbed her arm and pulled her embrace, refusing to let her go.