Chapter 11: What Goes Around Comes Around

*Nikita's POV*

I watched Natasha, as she dropped the coffee cup, spilling it all over herself. I tried my best to retain my laughter and surprisingly, I won that battle. Now is not a good time, Nikki. Her eyes were glued to mine. I could see the anger flashing in those beautiful hazel orbs of hers. I quickly turned away from her frightening eyes, as I walked past her, holding Ronnie's hand. I know, I'm being ridiculous. I know I am. But leaving an abusive boyfriend, is hard. Believe you me, I tried, I really did. But it didn't work.

I called him over to my house on Saturday after Natasha had left and he came over. I was extremely terrified. I just came right out and said it, that I wanted to break up with him. I waited for the slap, but it never came. He simply sat down on the sofa, putting his hands over his eyes and started to cry. He finally looked up and my heart was torn apart. His brown eyes held so much sadness, heartbreak, and emotion, I had to look away. He then attempted to tell me that I was all he had and that without him, he's nothing. He told me that if I left him, he would kill himself. He was manipulating me. I knew that. He basically wanted me to feel guilty and sorry for him so that I could stay with him. But a smaller part of me was unsure if he would really resort to that. He was clearly crazy. I wouldn't be able to look, or even live with myself if I knew that it was my fault that Ronnie had took his own life. Of him ending his life, leaving his family to mourn. And that's why I'm here, still having my hands tied to him. I couldn't help but feel guilty, for Natasha. I made a deal with her that I would leave him. I broke her trust. She probably hates me now and doesn't care to speak to me. I burst into tears at that thought. I tried wiping the tears away, so Ronnie wouldn't see me like this.

"Is everything alright, babe?" Asked a concerned Ronnie.

I turned towards him, trying not to show anymore tears, and gave him a pursed smile.

"Yes."

[....]

The bell rung, signaling the end of second block. Thank God, I thought to myself. A shot of anxiety and anguish shot through my stomach. I had Natasha next. I couldn't face her. I didn't know how. I walked down the hallway, toward Natasha's classroom. My heart was pounding. Her classroom was only two inches away from Mrs. McGuinness anyway.

"Come on, baby, you don't want to be late for math!" Ronnie yelled, running up to me and giving me a peck on the forehead. He put his arm around my waist and led me to Honors Geometry. I was really scared now, once we approached the door, Natasha in full view. The one-minute bell had just rang and she appeared in front of the door, about to close it, when she saw Ronnie and I. With Ronnie's arm around my shoulder now, she gave him a death glare and the same with me, anger clearly in her eyes.

"You're late." She sternly spoke.

I just kept my mouth shut and let Ronnie do all the talking. Strangely, he couldn't tell the anger that was in Natasha's eyes, but I surely did.

"What the hell? The one-minute bell just now rung!" Ronnie argued.

"So what? Now Nikki, get your butt in this classroom before I really mark you late and give you a detention." She ordered, harshly.

"Yes ma'am." I squirmed, running into her classroom.

She soon looked at me as I squirmed and shook in my seat. She then turned her attention back to Ronnie, still keeping the same attitude.

"And you better get to your class or else I got a nice, fresh detention slip waiting for you."

As Ronnie walked away, Natasha slammed the door, causing half the class to jump. Nobody really knew why she was acting this way, but I did. It was because of me going against her word. I felt absolutely terrible. My heart sank, tears threatening to spill out. I slouched in my seat, not even bothering to pay attention. She was teaching a lesson on defining surface areas of polygons or something like that. I loved math, but right now, I couldn't care less. I stared at the ceiling at what seemed for like a century, before I heard my name loudly being called, knocking me out of my thoughts.