37. A Rose

Disappointed with the lack of votes on the previous chapter.

Posting this for my loyal readers🫂 as for the rest who don't vote, take it for free like you always do.😊

The next chapter's synopsis is at the end.

Make my day by Voting and commenting!❤️

1.40k+ votes, 200+ comments :)

Dheera-Dheera-Dheera

♪Dheera-Dheera-Dheera

KARTIKEYA'S POV

Stretching my palm on the bed, I found it empty, and my eyes opened to the sense of emptiness. Rubbing my eyes, I settled my gaze beside me, realizing she was already gone. I jerked my head on the pillow, sighing, with one palm tucked under my head and the other resting on my chest.

The whole room was filled with sunlight pouring in from the balcony. The sun was positioned in the middle of the sky, indicating that it was late. I must have slept a lot more than my usual routine.

She left me sleeping. Now, her scent lingered all over the room, like lavender-infused sheets, soft and comforting.

The weather had turned hot again, just three days after the refreshing rain. But despite the heat, the night air felt cool and soothing. Being wrapped in her arms made it even more enchanting. Remembering the incredible intimacy we shared yesterday, I couldn't help but smile. Everything felt perfect at every moment, with her by my side.

I felt so light and fresh; sleeping rarely gave me the chance to experience this type of water-like calmness. It had been happening more frequently over the past two weeks, especially whenever I held her close enough for us to mold ourselves together.

Last night, I stayed up late, hoping to feel drowsy so I could sleep without a pill, as I needed to skip it for a few days. I ended up sleeping past 3 in the moring.

Turning to grab my phone, I opened the screen. My eyes widened as I checked the time; it was 12:23 PM, and I had been in a deep sleep. Surprisingly, no one seemed bothered by my extended sleep, and there was no one attempting to wake me up or rush me for the day.

I hastily slipped out of bed, my fingers grabbing my clothes from the wooden almirah in the corner. Strolling into the bathroom, I took a quick bath and dressed in a creamy kurta. Descending the stairs, I was in search of her.

Passing in front of the kitchen, I found Rachna Chachi, deeply engaged in decorating a pooja plate with diya and a small earthen pot. She looked up and smiled at me. Walking over, she asked, "Slept well?"

"Yeah," I nodded, feeling a bit embarrassed as I had indeed woken up late today.

"Why didn't anyone wake me up?" I questioned, scanning the entire kitchen, noticing Anandita wasn't there either.