30. Chef Oberoi

DON'T SPAM EMOJIS

Make my day by Voting and commenting!❤️

1.20k+ votes, 200+ comments :)

♪Mein Rang Sharbaton Ka

ANANDITA'S POV

Sunday evenings felt like a breath of fresh air in my routine, a subtle change from the monotony of the entire week spent within the confines of my house.

The only difference - Kartik, my husband, had a day off.

In the garden, under the orange sun hues of the sky, Kartik stood chopping fresh cucumbers and tomatoes.

He wore blue jeans shorts and a simple white half-sleeved shirt. His watch gleamed on his wrist as he worked, sheltered by the cool shade of the plastic shed overhead.

I walked over to him, holding a tray of ice-cold lemonade in my hands. The clinking of the ice cubes echoed in the quiet morning as I approached Kartik, who looked up from his vegetable cutting with a warm smile.

"For you," I said, handing him his glass.

"Ah, just what I needed. Thanks," he replied, taking the refreshing drink with a grateful nod.

He was making up for canceling our dinner plans by preparing dinner himself today. I was surprised to see him taking charge of cooking.

He even know how to cook? It was quite unexpected.

I took a sip of my drink as he placed his glass down. He had even set up a gas burner outside for cooking, which he ordered just for this yesterday. There was a table and two chairs too. I arranged the table with a tablecloth and a large glass candle, though it wasn't lit yet.

It still looked so dreamy. I imagined having a man beside me, doing all sorts of crazy, lovely things together. And here it was, actually happening.

Marrying him was a really good decision.

However, sometimes I felt like I depended on him completely. He was the provider, and all I did in return was some household chores. Even in those chores, there was a housemaid to help me out.

"Have it!" Kartik's voice broke through my thoughts.

I turned my gaze to him, seeing him offer a slice of grilled paneer. Setting down my empty glass, I moved closer to accept the offering.

He blew on the hot piece a few times before I took a bite, enjoying the delightful mix of soft spiciness and a slightly crispy texture. It almost made my heart melt.

Apart from Mom, nobody had ever shown me this kind of care before. Maybe my brother had if we ever had time together. But he was forced by our father to study far from home during his teens.

"It's delicious," I replied, a genuine smile forming on my face. "I didn't know you could cook this well. where did you learn it from?"

Kartik chuckled a hint of pride in his eyes. "Well, let's just say I've been keeping some culinary skills hidden. Thought it was time to surprise you."