4

as y/n slowly made her way back home, her mind was a cluttered mess

as y/n slowly made her way back home, her mind was a cluttered mess. there wasn't much going on in her life, but, at the same time, it was like she couldn't get a moment to herself. who knew she'd be so popular here in ashland? just kidding—it's because the populace is drastically smaller than her hometown and because of it, it's hard to find anyone to talk to around these parts, especially one that wasn't born in a different generation.

y/n knew that mr. bobinsky and miss spink & miss forcible meant well, but they gave her the heebie jeebies sometimes, like the one time miss spink offered to read her tea leaves to use signs or signals to predict something that's going to happen in the near future. or how mr. b would always bring y/n messages that were personally sent from his "meeshkas" and all of these messages were always so creepy. they are all...interesting characters, to put it lightly.

what a strange world, she thought, looking up to see that the clouds settling above were starting to separate. thank goodness too. y/n didn't want to walk all the way home in the rain. just then, interrupting her train of thought, even though it wasn't going anywhere, a loud roaring caused the h/c-haired girl to spin around to see wybie lovat— upon his motorbike— approaching.

he drove and parked right in front of her. "hi, wybie." y/n waved. he said something back, but it was muffled. she could hardly hear him under his mask. "huh? what was that?"

he then took off the facial covering, fixing his hair as he did. "i was just saying hi back..." wybie mumbled out. the next few moments were filled with nothingness, the only thing filling in the awkward silence was the picking up wind. "so," the darker boy looked forward at the long path in front of them, squinting, before turning back to face y/n. "you planning on walking to the pink palace on foot?" he asked.

y/n fought off a smile and rested a hand on her hip, "is that your way of offering me a ride?"

"hey, if you don't want it, i could always just..." wybie went to rev his motor but was stopped when y/n reached forward and grabbed his hand, steering it away from the handle.

realizing that was most likely out of like, grabbing him like that, y/n let go of him. "i didn't say that!" she rolled her eyes. "uh, i...would really appreciate it, actually." her feet were killing her, but she also didn't want to take advantage of wybie's kindness, so, she quickly added, "if you don't mind."

"if i minded, do you think i'd be asking in the first place?" wybie retorted.

"touché..." she trailed off and then swung her leg over the seat and settled herself behind wybie. he reached for his helmet offering it to her. y/n shook her head with a small smile. "thanks, but i'm good without it." plus, she trusted wybie to get them to their destination in one piece.