Chapter 10: Paolo

"Arggghhhh....."

Alberto once attempted to burst the cage, fueled by the abandonment of his father.

"Calm down, Alberto. Alberto?"​

Luca's gentle voice had failed to pierce through the situation as Alberto began to build up his anger inside.

"Alberto! Snap out of it."

"Alberto! Please, amore mio."

"Please."

But it was too late. His inner monster had released itself.

Guide's POV:

The growling of Alberto pierced through the holes of the doors as they shut it.

"Whoa, he's going out of control." the guide said.

"Yep, exactly as planned. Once the shows over, we'll get to live in our glory days once again!" The other man said.

"Wait, what's the plan again?" Bruno asked.

Both of them turned an eye at Bruno.

"Bruno, Bruno, Bruno. How many times do I and Mr Visconti have to tell you?"

"But, you never said anything." Bruno answered. "All you did was tell me to scare the fisherman's daughter! How is that going to help?"

"Alright, fine. I'm telling you one last time." Mr Visconti replied as he continued to resay his masterplan.

"So, as you know sea monsters hunting is now illegal in Italy, because of your son and his friend, but we came up with a brilliant idea: make them make themselves wanted. So, we are going to stage a fake 'execution' to get them to go savage. Once everyone sees it, I can tell you without a doubt, they'll make sea monster hunting legal again. We'll earn billions!"

"And you, Bruno, will be our first exhibit." With that, a net swooped in from above him and caught him.

"I thought we had a deal!" Bruno growled.

"Oh, sorry. There's been a, change, of plans." Mr Visconti laughed before turning his direction and parted.

But, there was way more than what was to come down, way more than what the guide knew.

Mr Visconti's POV:

'Damn is Bruno dumb, I guess it's true that they really don't have schools for savages after all.' the wicked thoughts piled up as a catalyst for his evil smile. The man was famous for his notorious smiles and even more worse outcomes for his 'disobeyers'. His streak was godly, a legend in the underworld.

"Wow, you got him good!"

"Yeah, I got him good." Mr Visconti replied with boast in his voice, and a smile plastered, as if he was the mastermind. His arrogance showed like a piece of art. "And you too."

"Wait, what?"

He flicked the lever on the side of the brick wall as the ground beneath the guide gave way into a purpose built dungeon-pit.

"You traitor! You son of a-"

"Oh, please. You could've seen it from miles away! I can't believe you are so naive."

"But, but, you said we would do it together."

"Oh. Yeah. Sorry. I fly solo."

Mr Visconti spoke, as he walked away, retracting the level, sealing it shut. He had a flight to catch.

"Hello there son."

"What were you doing?" Ercole said, his voice changed along with the usual repetition of his slang.