Part 8; The Morning

(690 words)

As I woke up, everything was hazy.

I kept my eyes pressed together tight and rolled over in Dr O'Deorain's really comfortable bed to face her.

I magnetised to her body, resting my arm on her shoulder, when I felt my face being licked.

Still half asleep, I giggled. "Moiraaa hehe. Stop ittt."

"Tá mé anseo," Moira said, her voice seemingly far away.

"What does that mean?" I said through a yawn.

"It means I'm over here." She chuckled.

Still yawning, I continued, "you can't be over there because I'm holding on to you." I smiled, knowing the geneticist was tricking me.

Then, Moira in front of me made a very strange deep whimpering sound. My eyes flew open and instead of being met by Dr O'Deorain's firey red hair and stunning heterochromic eyes, I was met with a large slobbering greyhound.

I shrieked, leaping backwards out of bed, nearly knocking over the floor lamp.

"Careful dear, the lamp is from France," Moira yelled over, seriously apathetic. She was in the kitchen watching me through the sliding wooden door to the bedroom.

The dog jumped off the bed and sprinted into the other room, before fumbling out the back door.

"Did you tell me you had a dog? Did I forget?" I said sheepishly, hiding in the corner of the room.

"I may have mentioned it, but I also may have forgotten about their coming home this morning. My pet sitter dropped them both off not long ago."

My eyes widened, "both?"

Another grey canine sprinted past me, jumping onto the bed, rolled around, and leaped off and out the back door.

"Yes. Sorry. The first one is Gealach and the second is Ghrian. They're my babies," Moira smiled as she walked over to where I was hobbled in the corner.

"What do their names mean?" I asked, moving close to her.

"Gealach means moon and Ghrian means sun. Very fitting for their personalities," she chuckled slightly.

"I'm sure," I laughed slightly, "sorry about the mess. I'm scared of dogs." I looked over to the pillows and blankets sprawled out on the floor that I kicked off the bed.

"Really? Intriguing," Moira said as she started picking up the pillows.

"Yeah. I had a bad experience with my aunt's dog when I was younger and I've been scared ever since." I came out of the corner and placed the blanket back on the bed.

"That is a common cause for those types of fears, yes," she laughed, quickly moving behind me and wrapping her arms around my hips.

I turned around in her grasp to meet her lips, caught in a fervent kiss.

My tongue explored her mouth, and I was desperately trying to deepen the kiss and the passion, but it seemed to be one way.

I pulled back, still holding her close, "are you okay? You're not holding back because of me, are you?"

Dr. O'Deorain smirked, brushing a strand of hair out of my face. "Why yes, I'm fine. I've got a lot on my mind right now, and we have to get back to the lab shortly."

"Ah okay. Can I borrow some clothes? Mine need a wash," I smiled.

The geneticist nodded and went into the kitchen, leaving me to get dressed.

I quickly put on a pair of black jeans and a dark purple button up top.

I walked back into the hall, and when Moira saw me, the took a second glance and widened her eyes.

"Is there a problem?" I said, hands on hips.

"I... No. You look...brilliant," she stammered.

"Oh do I? I'm not quite sure... The shirt is sitting weirdly..."

"Trust me, you look stunning."

"Thank you very much," I say, grabbing my bag and preparing to leave, "do we have time for breakfast or should we just stop somewhere on the way to the lab?"

"Breakfast? I hadn't considered... We can stop somewhere if you'd like," Moira said as she grabbed her bag and headed toward the garage, me following close behind.

"Sounds great." We got in the car, and Moira backed out of the garage.