one

"Alyx, come on!" I yell at my cousin, also house-mate. (Apartment actually)

"I'm coming, I'm coming." She says walking out of her room and into the kitchen where I am.

"Got everything?" She asks me.
I give a quick nod. I had been ready for a least 30 minutes, but I was waiting on her.

"Let's gooo." I say.

We walk out of our apartment and down the hall to the elevator. The doors opened, and we step in. Two girls around my age who live upstairs are also in the elevator with us.

"I like your shirt." I comment to one of the girls.

"You know 5 seconds of summer?" She asks me.

"Yeah. They're great. We're going to see them tonight." I motion to Alyx.

"Really? We are too." The girl says.

"I'm Sam." I tell the girl.

"Paige." She nods.

It was quiet for a moment before the elevator dinged signaling we were at the lobby.

We all got out and say goodbye to each other. Alyx and I walk out of our building and toward the ever so popular American Apparel. They were actually having a good sale for once on t-shirts, and they are my favorite.

It takes about 5 or so minutes to get there and on the walk Alyx and I talk about school.

Alyx is in college attending some food school to become a chief. I go to Jones College Prep High School. I'm going to be a senior in the fall. Alyx asked me to move in with her when she moved away from home. I gladly accepted and now am going to school here in Chicago.

We finally got to American Apparel and walk in. The guy behind the register smiles and says a 'hey' , then goes back to whatever he was doing before.

There is only a few other people in the store, so it makes it easier for Alyx and I to make our way to the t-shirts we want.

As we look around Alyx finds a few shirts and a dress she likes and shows them to me.

"I'm going to go try these on. I'll be back." She says. I nod and keep looking.

There are some guys being loud and laughing-probably at each other. I try to ignore it by not looking at them and just kept looking at the shirts.

It worked for a while, until one of them came near me. I still didn't look, not wanting to be rude.
I see the boy out of the corner of my eye and he looks past me, I'm not sure at what.

He starts walking toward what he was looking at.

"Excuse me." He mumbled as he slid past me. He smells good. Not like a typical guy smell.

Oh my god shut up Sam. How many guys have you smelled? I shake my head waving away my thoughts.

"Cal, come look at these sweat bands!" The boys friend yelled, he had an accent.

I stop going through the rack of shirts. Oh my god. Cal. The accent. I look up toward the boys only to confirm my thoughts. I walk back to the dressing rooms.

"Alyx?" I say.

"Hmm."

"Come here for a second." I tell her.

She walks out of the small room in a dress. I motion her toward me. I make sure the boys aren't close enough to hear either.

"5sos is here. Right over there. Be chill." I say. She looks over and her eyes get big.

"Go talk to them!" She whisper yells.

"I don't want to be a creepy fan. I'm just going to leave them alone." I tell her.

She rolls her eyes and goes back into the dressing room. I go back to the shirts.

After a while she came out and went to check out.

"I'll meet you for coffee in 20?" She suggests. I nod, and she turns and leaves.

I look up and see a cute striped crop top-classic American Apparel. I stand on my tip-toes and try to reach it, but I can't. I try to jump, but I barely touch it. I wasn't short. I was average height, but I just couldn't manage to get it.

"Do you need help gettin that down?" A boy with an accent asks. I turn to see Luke Hemmings looking at me.

"If you don't mind." I say. He shakes his head, reaches up, grabs the top and hands it to me.

"Thank you." I say.

"No problem. I'm Luke by the way." He introduces himself.

"Sam, and I know who you are." I smile.

"Oh. Do you like my band, Sammie?" He asks.

I shrug. "Ehh you guys are ok." I say. Obvious sarcasm in my voice. Luke laughs.

"I'm actually coming to the show tonight to see you guys." I tell him.

"Really? I'm excited about this show. More than the others." He says matter-of-factly.

"Why is that?" I ask. Luke shrugs.

"Great crowd. Gotta love Chicago." He tells me and we both chuckle.

It's quiet for a moment before we hear the other boys coming to where we are.

"Hey Luke, who's this?" Ashton asks.

"This is Sammie. Sammie, this is Ashton, Michael, and Calum. But you already knew that." He says and we giggle.

"It was really nice to meet you guys, but I better go. Leave you guys to shop." I say.

"Do you want to meet up after the show?" Michael asks me.

"Sure. Where at?" I ask.

"Just come back stage. Give the guards your name and they'll let you in." Luke says.

"Is it ok if I bring my cousin?" I ask. They nod.

"Thanks guys. It was really nice to meet you. I'll see you all tonight then." I say and walk to the register, then to the cafe to tell Alyx all that just happened.