two

Calum

"Earth to calum." Michael waves his hand in front of my face to get my attention.

I shake my head trying to get the thoughts of the girl from American Apparel out of my head.

We are in a van on our way to get ready for sound check.

I look at Michael.
"What?" I say.

"Are you tired or something?" He asks me. I shake my head. He shrugs it off.

I turn to Luke who is on his phone, probably scrolling on Twitter.

"So Luke how'd you meet Sammie?" I ask suddenly curious.

"I saw her trying to get a shirt down and she looked like she was having a hard time, so I helped her." He shrugs.

"How nice of you, Hemmings." Michael jokes.

"Calum couldn't stop staring at her." Ashton says out loud, to no one in particular.

My cheeks turn red. Ugh I hate it, now the boys know it's true.

"Awee does little calpal have a crush?" Michael says pinching my cheeks.

"No. I don't even know the girl." I tell him.

"That will all change tonight when she comes backstage after the show." Ashton says.

"Oh god." I shake my head.

"Just get to know her, Cal." Ashton tells me.

"Yeah you're quite the ladies man anyway, you can get the girl." Michael winks-obviously joking. I never went on dates or had girlfriends. Once in primary school, but you can't even count those.

I shove Michael's shoulder, telling him to shut up.

-----------------

It was now almost show time. Sound check and stuff went well except for the fact the boys kept teasing me about Sam.

We were waiting for someone to tell us to go on stage.

"Ok boys, show time." Someone says.

Ashton goes out and bangs on the drums getting the crowd hyped up for the show. The screams are some of the loudest I've heard, and it wasn't even a huge stadium.

They rest of us run out and the screams get louder. We start playing the start of end up here and it's great. The crowd is singing along really loud and some of the time we just let them take over.

------------

The rest of the show went on like that and now we are backstage just hanging out, waiting for Sammie and her cousin to get here.

There is a knock at the door and one of the guards, John, comes in.

"You have some ladies here to see you." He winks and let's them through, then leaves and closes the door.

"Ssssaaaaaammmmiiiiieeeee!!" Michael and Luke say like they had been friends for years, which that's how they were. They weren't shy of new people-even really pretty ones. Unlike me.

She laughs as they hug her. "Hey guys. Great show! This is my cousin Alyx." She tells us. We all greet Alyx with a 'hey' or 'nice to meet you'

She waves obviously pretty shy. Thank goodness I wasn't the only shy one.

"Where's Ashton?" Sam asks.

"The toilet." Luke says and we all laugh.

"Hi calum." Sam waves to me and comes to where I'm sitting on the couch as Mikey and Luke go and start talking to Alyx.

"Hey. Do you want to sit down?" I ask nodding toward the chair across from me. She nods and sits.

"Did you like the show?" I ask her, she looks a little awkward like she doesn't know what to do or say.

"Yeah definitely! It was awesome." She tells me.

"It was great for us too, trust me. It's just nice to see the people who listen to our music ya know?" I tell her. I don't know why I feel so comfortable with her, but then I am also kinda nervous.

Wtf calum get your shit together.

"Yeah I get what you mean. I play guitar, but I'm nowhere near as good as Luke or Michael." She shakes her head.

"Really? You play?" I ask.

She smiles and nods her head.

"Do you want to go look at some of our guitars?" I ask.

"Sure. If that's ok." She says.

I nod "definitely. Luke, Michael, Alyx, come on. Sam wants to see some guitars." I say. They nod and walk with us to back stage where our guitars and my bass are.

I look over at Sam and her eyes light up when she looks at them.

"Oh my god." She whispers. "They're so pretty."

I chuckle. "Do you want to play one?"

She looks at me with wide eyes. "Oh no. I'd probably break it."

"Sammie, you won't break it. I mean we mess with them all the time." Luke butts in. I get jealous of how he easily calls her by a nickname.

"Are you sure?" She asks and he nods.

"Will you guys play with me?" She looks at all of us and we agree.
I grab my bass and went to my spot on stage.

Michael and Luke are still with Sam by the guitars. I could hear them picking out a guitar.

"You like that one? You can't take your eyes off it." Luke says. Sam nods.

"Good choice. Go ahead. It should be all tuned and everything." Michael says.

Sam grabs the guitar and puts it on. Luke helps her adjust the strap to her size. I can't help but feel a pang of jealousy. I'm not sure why though. I mean we have just met.

She walks over to me.

"Why'd you pick that one?" I ask, just out of curiosity. I look down at the teal blue guitar with the black X on it.

"It's my favorite color." She says. I laugh.

"It is a nice color." I say.
She smiles and nods as she starts to pluck chords.

"What does Alyx play?" Luke asks as him and Michael walk over to us.

"Nothing. She used to sing and play the drums, but she doesn't much anymore." Sam answers.

"Looks like she found company." Michael says. We all look over to where we last saw her, and we see her and Ashton talking.

"Well, what song should we play?" Luke asks.

"She looks so perfect!" Alyx shouts.

"Typical." Sam rolls her eyes jokingly. She walks over to me. "You mind if I stand by you?" She asks.

The butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

"Uh...I...um...no I don't mind." I tell her. "Do you sing?"

"A little." She says.

"One, two, three, four..." Luke counts off and we all start playing the intro to She looks so perfect.