Ch.4 Crisis

I groan, as my alarm goes off.Sunday funday, not. I get up, and straight into the bathroom. I brush and floss my teeth, and wash my face. I go out to my closet, and get the skirt Steven was wearing yesterday, and a Nirvana shirt. I get my vans, and my phone vibrates.

The first text is from Steven, just saying good morning, and the second is from Jake.

Jake:Hey Evelyn:) me, Matt and George are gonna go to George's house after the movies, you up?
Me:Yeah sure, I'll meet you guys around one or two?
Jake:Let's go around two.
Me:ok:)

I go to the bathroom, and brush my hair out. I get my lotion and rub it around my body, and get dressed, tucking my shirt in. I walk into my room, and I hear my mom calling me down. I put my shoes on and get my phone.

I walk down, and go into the kitchen. My mom is talking to my dad, and I sit down. "Buenos Dias." I say, and they repeat it back. I eat my pancakes, and my dad asks,"Mija, we're going on a trip for spring break with the Fernandez's, we've invited them to go."

"Really? It sounds like fun." I say, and drink my juice. he smiles at me and talks to my mom, pausing before asking what they were discussing. I finish my pancake, and say,"Muchas gracias." And they say,"Provecho."

I wash my dishes, and say,"Im going to the movies today with my friends later on and after, to their house." my mom looks at me,"Okay, be home by seven, it's a school night."

I nod and get my longboard that's by the door and skate out. I skate around the blocks, until I get to the skate park. I skate to one of the benches and sit down. I'm regretting wearing the skirt now, because it's a bit windy.

I think about the time,10:39, and wonder what movie we'll see, and I half hope not to sit next to George, everything is so complicated with him. I go through my phone, as see that Steven posted something.

He captioned it,"With my girll<3" at the skate park, I look up around, and see that he's at the ramps, and a girl cheering for him. Black wavy hair and tanned skin. I get up and arrange my spandex under my skirt before I skate to her.

I go up to her and smile. She smiles uncertainly, and I grin,"So, you and Steven huh?" She blushes and stutters,"Uh,y-yeah. hey, haven't I seen you around school."

I nod, and say,"Yeah, me and Steven are friends, he talked about you." She looks surprised, and smiles. I stare at Steven, whose showing off to some guys. he looks at Martha, and then grins when he sees me, I nod at him.

I turn to her,"Hey by the way, I'm Evelyn... I already your name, not in a creepy way though. Steven." she nods and Steven makes his way over to us. she kisses his cheek, and he slings his arm over her shoulder.

"Hey Evelyn, what are you up to?" He says, and I shrug,"Just waiting for two o clock to roll around." he nods and Martha gives him a kiss. gross, Steven kisses her back and I roll my eyes.

They stop and breath. Martha gives me a look, and smiles when Steven looks back up. Okay, what the fuck? I cannot believe she gave me a look, Me! I can tell already she's a secret bitch, and I barely know her!

Steven says,"So, do you wanna come with us to where we went last time?" The school field? Why are they going there for. I think about it, and Martha whines,"But Steven, I thought it was gonna be the two of us."

I slap her face, and pull her hair inside my head, and say,"Oh that's alright, I was just going to ska-" Steven cuts me off,"Nah it's alright, come with us. We bought a lot if food, and some of your mom's tamales."

"Wait, her moms food? Were you at her house?"Martha's voice rises, and Steven nods,"Yeah, we're basically family." and he comes over to me and presses his cheek next to mine.