Ch.11 today

•A day after•

I wake up early, surrounded by my three friends. A day ago Ariana broke down and told us she's leaving cause of her parents, and today is the day that she's leaving so soon. Yesterday was just a regular school day, us sulking and trying to be happy.

But of course, Marta still goes to the same school and we were at lunch when she came up to us.

"Oh look, the four ugliest trolls in this entire school." She said smirking, her two friends behind her nodding. I rolled my eyes and said,"Marta not today."

She sneered, which was not a very pretty sight,"What? Can't take the heat now? What happened to yesterday?" My friends were glaring at her, and her friends. I sighed,"You mean when I beat you yesterday? I don't want to talk to you unless you're involving my friends like you did with Steven."

Her eyes flashed at his name, but it was gone as quick as it came. She flipped her hair, and looked at Ariana, and smirked,"Purple hair isn't your color." She left with that and Ariana started tearing up.

It doesn't look bad it's a pastel purple and she looks pretty, but Ariana was sensitive yesterday. We stayed up all night yesterday talking and laughing, but sharing a few tears here and there. We all stayed in my room, for one last time together.

I get up and go wash and brush my teeth. I wash my face and then go back in my room, and I see Ariana awake. She's at her feet, and looks up when I clear my throat. She smiles weakly and whispers,"Sorry, I'm going to change okay?"

I nod, and then Julieta wakes up when Ariana gets up. She looks around and rubs her eyes awake, and says,"Today is the day." And she looks at me sadly. I nod, and she gets up to the bathroom, but waits at the door until Ariana gets out.

It feels like a dream as Mary slowly wakes up, and we eat breakfast. We don't talk much, and go back to my room to clean up our things. I know, the morning is going by really fast, and so is the time when Ariana is leaving.

Turns out, she chose to go with her mom instead with her dad. We sit outside, talking a bit before her mom comes to pick her up. I say,"we are all going to miss you Ari..."

They nod, and she says,"So am I, I'll try to visit you guys okay? I'll tell you guys when I'm near by visiting." Her eyes slowly get red, and Juliet hugs her,"We know you will, we're gonna miss you so much."

Ariana says,"I know I'm just nervous and I don't want to leave." She sniffs, and I say,"Remember when we were nine? When you told Nick you liked him and he started squealing with happiness?"

We laugh, and she giggles,"And then he couldn't stop bothering me after? Oh god yes!" We laughed again, and Julieta brought up,"Or when last summer we tried being cool and getting a tan for eleven year olds in the sun?"

"It was so bad for me! Look at my skin I'm pale as milk!" Ariana laughs. I remember, we saw a seventeen magazine an the girls older than us having a nice tan in swimsuits. We decided to go to my backyard and try it. Mary, Julieta and I got burned and our skin way peeling. Meanwhile poor Ariana was red as a fire truck, and we all were trying to get inside without trying move much.

Our laughs slowly die down, and we sit in silence. Man, why this? Why is she leaving so soon or why this out of no where? I can't believe this though.

I stare at the house across mine, and I hear Mary mutter something. Ariana looks at her and asks,"What?" Mary looks up at her with red, tearful eyes. She repeats herself,"Why didn't you tell us before?"

Ariana looks down and says,"I couldn't tell you, I didn't even know they were gonna move away from eachother..." Mary's crying now, and she yells,"Well we're your friends! I'm your best friend! I would've listened to you!"