Ch.8 S and G

*Stevens POV*
Italics=He doesn't tell Evelyn
1 year ago

"Ama! Voy a ir a patinar." I yell, and she yells back about something that I can I or to be careful. I shut the door, and skate out to the skate park. I go down the rich kiddies live, and pass by Evelyn's house. I grab my board, and know that Evelyn still hasn't arrived at home, or so that's what her mom says.

I knock, and look down at my shoes while I wait. They're dirty and it looks nasty on the clean porch... The door opens up and I snap my head up. "Hola Mrs.Hernandez."

"Hey Steven, come in." She says, I shake my head and say,"No thank you, I just came by to ask about Evelyn." She nods and holds her finger up so I can wait. She disappears into her home, and comes out a few minutes later. She's holding her phone, and shows me a picture of Evelyn.

She's in a hospital bed and she's being held down by a nurse and a doctor. Her mouth is formed as if she's screaming, and trying to get up. I choke, and push the phone away gently. Mrs.Hernandez hugs me.

When she let's go, she says,"Shes okay now, she couldn't hear herself... and was trying to yell so she can hear." She wipes her eyes, and smiles. I smile back and say,"Thanks for telling me how she is, I'm gonna get going, bye."

She says bye back and I leave her porch. I skate away, and I feel myself weighed down. I've never felt this way about friends, huh, it's weird. Man, being sad sucks, and I'm here feeling sorry for myself while Evelyn is in the hospital. This is so confusing...

I cross the street and enter the skate park. I see some people who know me as babyscumbag, and they nod, while some other girls come up to me. They gush about how cool I am and cute.

I smile, and go to the ramps...where Evelyn was trying to always skate down. How long will it take for her to forgive me? Damn.

I take a moment to pick myself up. I see George with my cousin, Jake, and another guy...Matt. I get up and go up to them, and Jake nods at me as I get closer.

"Hey Mr.Fernandez." He says, and we do a handshake while George and Matt nod. I smile, and George asks,"So hey, how's Evelyn?"

"Shes...good, getting better." I say, and he grins,"Really?" I nod,"Really." You can't say I'm lying, she is getting better, her mom even said so. But she's in bad conditions...and I don't want George to get sad, he's my best friend.

"That's...Amazing!" He says excitedly, and I grin. Jake and Matt laugh, and Matt says,"He's planning to ask her out a week after she's better." he elbows George and George blushes. I feel something in my chest get heavier, and I'm shocked.

I can't like Evelyn can I? She's practically my sister, her blood is in mine and vice versa. Is this why I care for her more? Because I like her? I'm gonna be sick dude...

"Hey, are you alright man?" Jake asks, and I blink a few times, and nod. George looks at me weirdly, and so does Matt. I grin,"I am, I just, um you know... Hormones..?" They laugh, and Matt pats my back,"You're gonna be a man."

I laugh, and say,"Why are we standing around, there are some girls around and impress them." I wiggle my eyebrows, and they laugh more. I glance at the girls, and one if them sees me looking.

She smiles shyly and waves. I say quietly to the guys,"Órale,I have a girl looking at me, I'm gonna get layed." I laugh, and they oohed. George looks around and asks,"Which girl?"

"Over there, the one with black wavy hair." I say, and George face drops when he sees her. He looks at the girl, and she shrinks back. Wait what? Who does he think he is scaring girls away.

"You're not gong to do anything with her." He says coldly, and I look at him,"Tf who are you to tell me what to do?" He glares at me, and we stare at eachother, and Jake puts his hands up.

"Guys calm down, she's just a girl...It's nothing just, George, don't make a big deal out of it." He says, and George looks away first. Fuck yeah, he better. George stands up taller,"Shes not just a girl, she's my fucking cousin and no one is messing with her."

I laugh, and he turns to me,"Why you laughing? You're not seeing each other." I roll my eyes and say,"Oh I'm sorry mom, but I can see her all I want."

George gets red, and pushes past me. I flip him off behind his back, and Jake says,"Don't go, you'll make it worse." I shake my head,"That girl is mine, and I want her."

I don't know what came over me, but I tackled him to the ground and tried hitting him. he squirms from under me, and I say,"You can't make me stop liking her asshole."

I punch him, and he screams. He says,"Yes I will, even if I have to fight you." He flips and I fall onto the ground as he punches me. Damn, my cheek it hurts. Try pushing him off, and feel like he got lighter.

Matt and Jake pull him off me, and I get up. They hold him back, but he shoulders them,"Im leaving, watch your back Steven." and he walks towards his cousin.

You can hear them from where I was standing, and he was saying,"Lets go Martha." She looked up at him and she her head, scared. "I don't want to..."

"Fine, but wait until I get home and tell your mom, I ain't no snitch, but I'll do what I have to do." He says, and he starts leaving. Martha resists from going after him, but she then yells,"No please George, don't! she'll kill me."

He ignores her, and walks away. I look at Martha, and go up to her. She's breathing hard, and she looks up as I approach. She smiles, and I say,"Hey, I'm Steven."

________________
Short chapter but I'm doing a double update :)
Here's the second rant I've done throughout the book but it's about Skaii and Steven. first of all, I'm gonna start on why it's not fair, it's annoying that she tweeted him a few times aka only two times and she got noticed! Like there are scummies who've been waiting for three or more(Even less for the new scummies) year for him to like pics and notice them while Skaii got noticed in a few minutes. And Steven sent her gear meanwhile some of us cant afford it! And she got to hang out with him and it annoys the crap out if me.
Okay now the good rant, Steven is being his sweet self giving free honey, and the tweet? Well yeah we've all been waiting for him to notice us but there's a LOT of us:) he has contests and well he's done so much for us, we just need to be there for him and not complain about who he hangs out with. Skaii is kinda helping Steven get more known:): sad and happy cause Stevens getting somewhere and making his family proud, sad that he's getting know and more people joining us :(
Anyways yeah:) rate and comment please and again I'm updating the next chapter free this one.
Love y'all