Ch.6 Okay

I never thought of myself as a person who got bullied when I was young. I used to think that it was a lie that teachers and parents told us to behave.

But I stopped believing that it was a lie in fourth grade. Diana Segura, my bully's name, her name will maybe always stick in my mind. She would always pull my hair and push me to the ground.

She would also say stuff to me, not the good kind, of course. She was one of those kids who were adored, and no adult believed that she was mean. and on the other hand, I was a tremendous child, but I behaved too.

The teachers hardly believed me, but sometimes they would when they heard Diana say stuff. But it stopped,no one stopped it, the bullying stopped itself. She moved away, and man, I was happy, really happy.

I don't know why that memory sticks to me, the robbery or whatever was happening upstairs has nothing to do with my memory. I check the time,1:48. We were supposed to go to the movies at 2...not anymore I guess.

I look up at George, and whisper,"So, why do you like me? I'm a year younger." he looks down at me, and asks,"Why are you asking now?" I shrug, and lay on his chest.

"I never found out and your so obsess with asking me out." I say, and he blushes. He wraps his arms around me and says,"Evelyn, I know this isn't the time to talk about this, but I want it to be perfect for when you say yes."

I smile, and he keeps on going,"And so what your younger than me, you have stuff in common with me and I like that, and I love you." I hug him, and smell his cologne. I debate whether to tell him how I feel, or if I should stay quiet.

Hector,Matt,Jake and Luis are by the trapdoor, moving quietly as possible, and Liana's looking out the window. Why was it taking so long for the police to come?

I whisper to Matt,"Hey, how long is it until the police are here?" He holds up his fist, so maybe they're already here. We all stay quiet, and the people who broke in are moving around.

I finally hear someone say,"You are surrounded! Put you're weapons down and your hands up where we can see them!" I sigh, and grin at Liana ,who looks happy. the guys cheer in silence, and we here thuds of weapons being dropped.

George helps me up, and we stand up to the window. I peek out it and cover my mouth to stop from screaming happily. The police were outside, all armed and pointing their guns to the front door.

"Our hands are up? What you want now?!" A guy says, probably from above us. We watch as a few more police cars come and park on the yard. One of the policeman says,"Come out slowly! Don't try to pull out any tricks or we will shoot."

We hear feets walking out, one by one, I counted five pairs of feet, and I see policemen handcuffing them, and another police comes in. George says,"Guys let's go upstairs now."

We all go to the trapdoor, and Liana unlocks it easily. we all get out one by one and the police man turns to us startled, his gun ready. We crowd close, and he sighs.

"Kids,you scared me! Are you guys alright?" He says, and I nod. He leads us outside, and I squint as sunlight hits me. We see the guys were being taken into the polices car. I look around first and see my mom and dad.

I run to them and hug my dad, then my mom. They hug me tightly, and my mom says,"Are you alright mija? I was so worried and scared...I'm so glad you're safe." I smile and them, and look back to my friends.

Their all with their parents, except for George, whose standing alone, looking around. My dad sees me staring at him and asks,"Is that George? Invite him over mija, he's family." I smile, and go over to him.