[104] Scouting within Date

Chapter 104: Scouting within Date

The wind hit my face, causing my hair to dance like waves. I took out my phone as I flew inside a cloud bubble to keep eyes and cameras away from noticing me.

Thoughts were spiraling in my head like the launching of missiles. The majority of those thoughts' direction was one—how should I destroy that goddamn tree?

However, before fighting him, I have to find him first. But sadly, the name 'Hikaru Kamiki' was not very famous; although he worked in the entertainment sector, few knew his name. Now that I damaged his soul, he would be more cautious of me and hide until recovery.

Well, unless he sent a force of Norse Gods to my doorstep. I'm unsure what sort of relationship Asgard or All-Father Odin, for that matter, had with Yaggdrisil now that it had a sentient mind. I have to be careful, and I have to be stronger.

I opened Line and observed the countless messages I had from Rias, Tsubasa, Ruby, Aunty Miyako, and Uncle Ichigo. On top of that, I had a message from Kana Arima too that asked me about my whereabouts. As she was present that day when I and Ai had our talk and I left, she must have been worried about where I left.

'Did she figure out who my mother is?' I wondered and sent a short reply that I was back and everything was alright.

Then, I found Ranefer Phenex's number. I sent her a list of things I'd need for the Overlord Advancement. She didn't reply immediately, she wasn't even online, so I had no choice but to wait. I moved to find another important DM.

Mem-Cho had sent me a few dozen messages a day ago, asking me what was going on, and where I was. She too was present that day, since I wanted her to meet Ruby's Idol group. I went through her messages.

===

Memmy: Hey, what happened??

Memmy: You left your home? Did you get kicked out?

....

Memmy: Ugh, reply to my messages!

....

Memmy: Where are you staying tonight? My place is free. Well, Quku came out of nowhere and took a room, but you and I can share a room.

Memmy: Aqua?

....

Memmy: Hey, are you alright?

===

There were a lot of messages from her in different moods. At first, she was confused and mad that I wasn't contacting her, or leaving to stay at her place. But around the end, she grew purely worried.

'Quetzalcoatl is living with her?' That was weird but I didn't hate that. I didn't have to worry about Mem-Cho's safety before, but now that a Dragon Goddess was with her, she was as safe as she could.

I sent her a message, and the reply came not even a second later.

She had been waiting.

===

Me: I spent that night with my eyes bestowed upon the celestial bodies, gazing upon the moon's resplendent glow. It was not too bad. How are you, little devil?

Memmy: Where are you right now? Just what happened between you and Ai anyway?

Me: It's a private matter, I apologize. We had a grave quarrel, it was quite serious. She needed time to think about many things, as did I. As for my current whereabouts, I soar amidst the skies, having departed from my abode just now.