Chapter 7

I started to draw lines at random. Then I started to connect them. When I was done I saw that it was a map of the city a little girl was in. I turned the page and started to draw an image of a subway. The image depicted two different directions. The first leads to a flight of stairs lead to the hustling and bustling road and the other leads to a hidden tunnel that leads an abandoned private school. I saw the person in question carry the little girl. She was looking right and left nervously. I swirled my pencil to mimic the woman who had no desire to make a decision. Finally she chose the hidden tunnel leading her to the school.

I opened my eyes and pretended to use my laptop and told gave him the address. By the time she gets out the hallway she will be met people who will take the girl back to her family. I usually get out the person's head but today I realized that I was on board a long flight so I decided to stay in it. I settled on my seat when I heard her think that if her husband finds their daughter them he will go back to abusing them both. Verbal abuse for the kid and physical abuse for the mother. I was floored to hear that and I realized that I am on wrong side of the chessboard. So I closed the laptop and gave my 'friend' a nod before pretending to fall asleep. I flit into her mind and asked her not to go through the tunnel but to go back and go through the traffic. She can get out of this easily. She immediately turned around and walked towards the train station. She walked to the little shop selling medicine and bought two medical masks.

She then proceeded to walk when one of the people who helped her saw her and asked what happened. She thought that she was explaining but in reality it was me. I explained that the people who are hunting her is here so she is going to try something else. She gave her baby for her to hold till she goes to the bathroom. Instead of the bathroom she went around being a pickpocket. She stole the wallets of a dozen people. Then she goes to the bathroom and takes on the cash. Then she dumps the wallets in the trash before she pickpocket again. I made her do it four times.

So she will be financially stable at least for a few days. Then she used the restroom and came out. She took the baby and asked to be taken to a convenience store. There she bought a change of clothes for herself and the kid. She asked her friend to go to the diner and get her two sandwiches for the road.  She and the kid changed in the bathroom after changing. She proceeded to buy a few things. A hair dye, a pair of scissors, a flashlight, two bottles of water, a juice box, some candy bar, a huge bag of chips, a first aid kit, coloring book,crayons, a pair of sunglasses and a small backpack to pull everything.

Her friend showed up and they proceeded to the bus station. There she went into bathroom and dyed her hair black. Then her friend used the scissors to cut her hair. So she would be unrecognizable. Her friend purchased the ticket for both of them and wished them luck. The little girl sat next to her mommy and smiled as they knew that their problems were over. I asked them both to eat their sandwiches since it could spoil easily. They ate quietly making sure not to draw attention. Afterwards I asked her to keep an eye out for the bus stop. I made sure that she got off on the first stop itself. She and the kid walked across the street to hail a cab and got themselves to a train station and boarded a train that will take them to the other side of the continental US. When they got settled in their car I asked the woman to give the kid the coloring book and crayons. I smiled at my brilliance and walked out. I was going to see about my alleged family when I was shaken out of my dreamscape.

I woke up to vigorous shaking. My 'friend' looked nervous as he mentioned that the woman and child had escaped. I pretended to be sad as I 'searched' my laptop to 'find' her. I said that I can't find her anywhere. She did this with such detail that it is possible that she had help from someone else. Or someone tipped her off. He said that he will look into it. I said that I have an appointment and walked off to find the eraser.

I made it past airport security and was walking towards the parking. I realized that I am being followed. I turned around to see that it was Tim. He made it clear that he has to find them or the family in question will not testify. Declan appeared out of nowhere and called out to the woman with a British accent. He explained the situation and he gave the phone to me. I explained that it is possible that Tim is lying so I would like her to send Robyn to investigate. Tim started to sweat profusely as I gave him the phone. I asked under which name of the high table is he operating. He gave the wrong name. Which proves that he has put himself in the snake pit. He was told to wait where he is and someone will come to assist him. As for me her instructions were simple. I should meet with the eraser and get things done quickly. A woman in a sleeveless shirt and denim overalls arrived on a Harley Davidson. We drove off to find Craig.

Craig was sipping coffee with one of his friends. The two looked like they had seen better days. Broken nose, cut cheeks, cracked knuckles and shaking knees. Declan asked if he was ready. His client was someone who helps the table funnel money to various employees. Shu Qi was kidnapped by her ex-husband and she was held against her will. The man had a few friends surrounding the perimeter. Craig and Kruger paid the bill and walked towards their bikes. Declan and his men were joined by a few officers who were paid by the table. The security camera footage was temporarily switched off to the central department and only visible to Isaac's van parked not far from the address.

Declan and his men silently choked the men guarding the decapitated building and picked the lock to get inside. I heard a distinct bang and then I heard a man in an American accent say, "Light em up" shortly afterwards there was the sound of gunfire. Twenty minutes of gunfire later, Declan asked me to come inside to help find Shu Qi. I sensed around and felt her trying to break loose. There was a shotgun pointed at the door. I warned the others and the police brought a riot shield and they walked towards the nearest door. I on the other hand poked around till I felt a lever. I pulled it down and the metal walk groaned as it slid to one side. When the door reached the middle the shotgun fired and McGregor managed to pull me away otherwise it would have been my funeral.