vii.

THEY SAY THERE IS SEVEN MINUTES OF BRAIN ACTIVITY, even after you're pronounced clinically dead

THEY SAY THERE IS SEVEN MINUTES OF BRAIN ACTIVITY, even after you're pronounced clinically dead. It's said that you're in a dream like state. Memories of your life may play out before you, or maybe you'll focus on another world.

I can't say whether that's true or not, because I don't think that I was actually dead. Instead it was almost as if I woke up from a coma.

    One minute, I was on Titan watching everyone turn to ash around me. After a few moments of a dreamlike darkness, I was back on Titan but some people who were there before were gone.

    Strange was urgent as always and explained to us that we'd been gone for 5 years, which was extremely hard to understand but he gave us no time to even try to. He began giving us orders because the Avengers needed us to help them fight Thanos. Considering Strange went forward in time over 14 million times, I trusted what he said and did what he asked.

    I created a portal to Wakanda to retrieve the Avengers who 'blipped' while they were fighting there. I tried my best to explain the situation to them and they all seemed so confused, but still they believed me and followed me into battle. I tried my best to hide the fact that I was totally star-struck.

    We stepped through the glowing portal to see the Avengers complex destroyed and Thanos's army awaiting us. All around us, thousands of portals opened up revealing heroes. It looked like Strange called in some reinforcements from Kamar-Taj,

    Captain America looks around at the army he's collected and smiles at the sight.

"AVENGERS!" He yells, summoning Thor's hammer. "Assemble."

    War cries filled the air as everyone starts charging towards Thanos's army. I'm not entirely sure what to do but I ran towards an alien and cut off his arm with a blade I conjured. As time goes on, I helped out the people who were fighting with me by making force fields for them.

    When some of the dust cleared I spot Strange and ran towards him. He is sending aliens through portals and trapping them there.

    "Strange!" I yelled at him. He gestured for me to help him and I began to open and close portals with him. Soon Tony Stark joined us.  He looks older than he did the last time I saw him. Which makes sense since I was gone for 5 years.

"Hey. You said one out of 14 million, we win, yeah? Tell me this is it." He says. I look between the two with hopeful eyes, waiting for Strange's answer.

"If I tell you what happens, it won't happen."

"You better be right."

.•¤۞¤•.

    THE BATTLE DRAWED ON FOR LONGER. Luckily it seemed that no one was getting hurt and we seriously had a lead on Thanos. I stuck with Strange and Wong, assisting them in making a forcefield when Thanos rained fire on us and protecting us from the broken dam.

    The battle ended with Tony snapping the gauntlet himself, killing all of Thanos's army. The power of the gauntlet's energy left Tony's entire side fatally injured. His body collapsed against a pile of debris.

    I watched as Peter mourned Tony. He told him that they won and that they did it, but Tony was unresponsive. After his wife told him he could rest, I watched as Tony's arc reactor flickered off permanently.

Tony Stark, Iron Man, earth's best defender, sacrificed himself for the fate of all humanity.

Everyone left kneeled in honor of Tony. I heard muffled sobs and I felt a heavy weight in my chest. Nothing was ever going to be the same again.

.•¤۞¤•.

LATER I FOUND STRANGE to offer help to deal with this mess. He was talking with Wong and they both looked utterly exhausted. Bruised and bloody, they both smiled when they saw me.

"We won." I said, breathing a sigh of relief.

"We did indeed." Wong smiled at me before creating a portal. "You did a wonderful job Emmie." He nodded before stepping inside his portal, with it closing behind him.

"What do you want me to do?" I addressed Strange. "I could help people get home or-"

    "Emmie." He interrupted me. "You've done enough." He gave me an exhausted smile.

    "Go home, your family needs you." He pats me on the shoulder.

    "But it's a mess out here-"

    "Go home. Be with your family. Don't even think about all of this, I will deal with it." He looks around at all the chaos and destruction before turning back to me. "You did it."

    "We did it." I corrected. He pulled me in for a side hug before making me a portal back home. I nodded at him before I stepped through, feeling a new weight of responsibility on my shoulders.

 I nodded at him before I stepped through, feeling a new weight of responsibility on my shoulders

AUTHORS NOTE

this is a much shorter chapter than the last one. i apologize for not including as much action, i just hate writing those scenes and i don't think i'm very good at it anyway.

i promise from here on out this book will begin to get more interesting!! and peter and emmies love story will start unfolding! it's just super important to me to give my characters a good backstory.

<3 CJ