x.

a/n: i'm sorry

I LEFT THE PARTY WITH LUCIA AND HER FRIENDS

I LEFT THE PARTY WITH LUCIA AND HER FRIENDS. Although I had a fun night and met a cute boy that seemed to be interested in me, I still had a weird pit in my stomach. I laughed along with Lucía and her friends as we were making our way back home, listening to their recollections of the night.

    I felt bad for leaving without letting my friends know, so I texted Gwen to let her know I left with Lucía.

    "So, Emmie, who was that cute boy you were talking to before you left?" One of the girls asked from the passenger seat.

    "Yeah, what was that about??" Lucía asked giddily, wiggling her eyebrows at me through the rearview mirror. She was driving and I was sitting in the seat opposite from her in the back.

    "Oh, Zach?" I looked down at my lap. "Um, I don't really know..."

    "He was so into you, dude." One of the girls encouraged me. I looked out the window, shyly, remembering our interaction tonight.

    "Did you get his number??"

    "Oh-" The realization hit me that I'd been having so much fun with him, that asking for his contact information totally slipped my mind. "Shoot, no. I completely forgot."

    "Oh that's okay!" The girl in the front seat pulled out her phone before handing it to me. "I have him on Snapchat, you should add him."

    "Thanks." I smiled, taking her phone. I looked at Zach's profile before finding it on my own phone.

    "See, Emmie. What did I tell you." Lucía smiled over her shoulder at me, taking her eyes off the road. "When you get out and live a little fun things happen to you."

    Suddenly, the pit in my stomach came back. I quickly looked up from my phone to see that while Lucía turned around to look at me, she completely passed through a stop sign. Traffic wasn't bad at night, but unluckily for us, a car was speeding towards us from our left.

    "LUCIA!!!" I screamed at her. She turned back to look at the road, but it was too late. The car had already collided with ours.

    A string of curse words filled the car as we began rolling. I tried to brace myself through coming in and out of consciousness. The impact of the hit made my ears ring to where I couldn't hear anything. The feeling was familiar, and I felt like I was right back where I was two years ago with my dad.

Except this was different.

I couldn't move my neck to see if everyone else was alright. The car was tipped on it's left side and luckily my seat belt held me in place. Running off of pure adrenaline I frantically felt around to find my phone. When I finally found it, I dialed 3 letters that have been ingrained in my brain since I could talk.

"911, what's your emergency?" I heard through my distorted phone speaker.

"Hello!!" I screeched, my voice starting to sound hoarse. "My name is Emilia Candela. There has been a car accident!"