ix.

MONTHS PASSED AFTER THE BLIP AND I WAS STILL DEALING WITH THE REPERCUSSIONS OF IT

MONTHS PASSED AFTER THE BLIP AND I WAS STILL DEALING WITH THE REPERCUSSIONS OF IT. It was now November of my junior year in high school. School has finally started to get back to 'normal'. But this new normal consisted of regular panic attacks and nightmares. My hand tremors have gotten bad again because I've had no desire to use my magic. I haven't seen Strange in a while and no doubt he's wondering why but he hasn't made an effort to reach out to me.

    Using my powers remind me of the battle on Titan and that reminded me of how traumatic the whole experience was. So I stopped. I even stopped wearing my sling ring. It's been in my nightstand drawer for I don't even know how long.

    School has been going seemingly well for me. Gwen and I have made a new group of friends. I've been focusing on my school work more to distract me from the looming feelings of anxiety.

    Today when I came into my AP English class, my friends were huddled together talking about something. I sat down next to them and smiled at them, listening to what they had to say.

    "What are your guys's plans for the weekend?" a girl named Kate asked.

    "I heard Flash Thompson's parents are going out of town this weekend so he's throwing a party."

    "Flash Thompson is having a party tonight?" Gwen asked.

    "Yeah."

    "Emmie, you should go!" Gwen nudged me. "It'll be fun!."

    "I don't know... My mom might want to do something tonight." I don't go to parties, I'm not that type. I went to one at the beginning of my sophomore year for less than an hour and dipped. That's just not really my crowd. The idea of a bunch of drunk teenagers doesn't sound fun to me.

"Oh, that's okay." Gwen's smile faltered slightly before turning back to the group. "I think I'll go!"

    The other girls laughed as they debated what to where to said party. I listened even though I had no intention of joining the group of girls. I would feel really guilty leaving my mom at home by herself tonight. Besides, it can't be that fun right?

    "Emmie, if you change your mind let me know." Gwen offered before the bell rang, signaling that class had started.

.•¤۞¤•.

    THE INVITATION TO FLASH'S PARTY LAID IMBEDDED IN MY HEAD ALL DAY.  As the day progressed, my friends' excitement got to me. I started to feel a little left out and I began wondering if I should have accepted the invite.

    "Flash Thompson is having a party tonight."  Lucía announced as she entered my room.

    "I know, I heard all about it." I looked up at her over my homework.

    "I'm going to go." She sat down on my bed. "You should too."

    "I don't know. I have this big uh- english project to do." I sighed pulling an excuse out of my ass.