Not quite right

"I'll head back up there after I get the assessment. Will that work for you? I'm still not understanding why you are freaking out about this more than I am."

"Apparently, you have some sort of stunted emotional response, because even without knowing what I know, you should be freaking out more about hallucinations."

"Honestly, I figured the results from the trial were too good to be true. I was actually anticipating something shitty." Blaine said honestly.

"That's stupid. Look, turn around, and I will fly out and meet you there in a few hours." Kalvin said.

"I'm literally almost there. I'll get the assessment done, then I'll head right back up there and I'll still be there before you get here. Why is what the voice said so important?" Blaine asked, confused.

"Never mind, it's not. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't telling you to kill yourself or someone else. Promise me you will go right back up to the cabin after your appointment. I will be there as quick as I can." Kalvin said.

"Deal. It will be good to see you. It's been a while."

Blaine drove in silence for the last 5 minutes. For one, his head still throbbed and second, Kalvin's answers weren't lining up. He very suddenly changed his tone as soon as he heard about what the voice said, but then tried to down play it. Something is very fishy, but he still trusted Kalvin completely.

As Blaine pulled into the parking lot, he found a close parking spot and started to walk to the front entrance.

"Mr. Bronswick?" A tall, heavyset man with a receding hairline and a clipboard greeted him just outside the front doors of the giant building. Blaine looked at him, noticed his gray beard coming out from around his mask.

"Oh, are we still doing masks here?" Blaine asked. It had been a while since he'd seen anywhere require a mask and didn't have one on him.

"Just the staff. You're fine. Please spell your name and date of birth for me, sir." The man said, staring at his clipboard.

"B R O N S W I C K and 3-2-82."

"Follow me, please."

Blaine followed him past the front desk, down a hallway and then past two different sets of doors that required the man to use his badge and enter in a code before opening. Blaine followed the directions and stood on the scale, held still while his vital signs were taken, and smiled for the picture that they said would be destroyed after he left. It wasn't until he was asked to get into a set of scrubs that he felt he needed to ask some additional questions.

"I'm just here for a quick assessment." Blaine said, holding the scrubs in hand.

"For the safety of you and all the other patients here, we require everyone to be in scrubs. We keep all your stuff in a box that is inventoried and verified, so you can be assured you will get everything back." He said as if it was rehearsed.

"I understand that, but I'm saying I'm just here to talk with the psychiatrist here so he can talk to my psychiatrist."

The man stepped away from the computer he was looking at and grabbed the clipboard again.

"I apologize, sir, but it does say you have to be processed." He said kindly. "On the plus side, they already have your doctor assigned and it's fairly early on a Saturday morning, so you won't miss his rounds."

Blaine hesitated for a moment and then started to get undressed. It definitely didn't feel right to him, but it wasn't like he was being committed or anything. He could walk out of here at any time if he thought they were jerking him around.