Part 2

I was expecting that everything would turn out to be awkward between Matthew and me after that, but maybe I was dreaming?

" Whoa! " Everyone in class exclaimed in surprise. I can see Riza looking at me so puzzled, trying to figure out what was happening. I can feel my ear heating up as it's turned so red.

I freeze in my seat, trying to process in my mind what is happening. The way his eyes locked on me as he sat in front of my desk, he was so close that I could feel his breath on my cheeks, and it felt like I couldn't breathe.

the way his curly hair falls down to his dark and thick eyebrows; his deep black eyes look so perfect with those long lashes of his; he has those perfect noses, with the visible mole beside the left of his lips. His red lips

I came back to my senses as a little smile showed on his face. 'He is teasing me?'

' I try to push my seat to make some space between us. But he stood up, leaning closer to me. I could feel his skin on my forehead. As I looked so shocked at what he was doing, his left hand rested on my desk while his right hand held my chin, keeping me from facing his face.

I felt so hot at that time, as I felt the blood all over my body just running up to my face. My heart was going crazy, and I could feel how fast it was beating.

"I don't think you're done checking me," he said in between the grins on his face. As he whispered something in my ear before looking so intensely at me, "I always make sure, Lauren, that you have something to check on me."

The grin on his face turns to a soft smile as he takes off his uniform jacket and puts it in my head, like he is trying to cover my face from embarrassment. I can feel everyone's eyes on us, and I can hear their voice as I hear how surprised everyone in the room is.

I feel like my whole body just became numb at that time. I can't find the courage to say something, do something, or even react to what is going on right now. I was so puzzled and felt so lost.

"Lauren!" What was that? "I can hear Riza shaking my shoulder as she asks many questions that I can't really process into my mind. "Are you two already going out? "She continued to ask as she put down the jacket that's covering my face.

"Hey! Are you okay?"
"What happened? Did I missed something?"
As Riza and Jonathan's voices faded from my head, I was floating; my heart can explode at any moment. I was confused. I feel a little bit annoyed, but some parts of me want it more. His attention, his gaze when he looks me in the eyes. I just fell; I can't deny that I like him, Matthew.

"Are there any chances between us? are the words that I want to know, the words that keep bothering me starting on that day, and I want to hear what his answer would be when I ask those questions to him.

"Are you looking for me?" Matthew took us by surprise when he suddenly appeared in front of me and Riza as we walked by in the gym, going to the cafeteria. He was shirtless, as the sweat was all running down his body. I can't even look in his direction, but I can see him laughing by seeing the reaction on my face.

I can't understand what he was thinking at all. He always keeps on bothering me, showing and teasing me about how his presence can really have an effect on me. He was like a kid, but I find him so adorable every time he tries to approach me.

Riza was so amazed by how Matthew has done everything so straightforwardly since that day. "Woa! I didn't expect that he could be that confident about himself!" She says in disbelief as she takes a bite of her burger. I can't help but smile just thinking about how Matthew always tries to tease me when he has a chance.

"Whoa! She is enjoying it; she is." Riza didn't stop and make a face while saying that to me. I just smiled back at her, admitting what she said. We were in the cafeteria for lunch, but most of the seats were empty as I tried to look around.