Part 15

Is love really sweeter the second time around?

Can someone really love the same person all over again?

And can someone stay and never make the same mistake?

Does a second chance can heal how broken their hearts have been in the past few years?

(Lauren POV)

No one knows.

I choose to keep it a secret—just the two of us.

Matthew and me.

I can't even tell Jonathan and Riza, as I know how they will scold me for what I was doing.

'getting back to Matthew? after what he did to me'

I can almost hear Riza's voice when I hear the telephone ringing on my table.

It's the first week of the year, and most of the staff was still on vacation, like Katherine and Maddie, who will be back at work next week.

'Rrriiiing' (telephone ringing)

I answer in the third ring, as I know who is on the line.

He's not speaking; he's waiting for my answer.

"Lauren." Matthew's voice impatiently makes me smile.

It feels like we were like children, we keep on hiding and trying to use some work for excuses just to meet up. but I found it exciting, and I found him so romantic. Matthew's was always straightforward in showing his feelings for me, like he always does.

"Should I go down to your office and get you next time?" Matthew's voice in the back of my ears was so gentle, as I could feel his breath on my neck. I smiled, trying to keep our distance as we were in his office.

But he grabbed me by the waist, giving me a tight hug from the back. I can smell his hair when he pushes his face against the back of my neck. I could feel how he missed me, but everything became so warm when his lips started to move on my neck.

The sensation it's giving me is making my knee weak.

"S—top it," I resist as I break Matthew's hands from my waist and try to compose myself in front of him.

He looks so disappointed when I take the documents off his table, but I quickly kiss him on the cheek, leaving him like a child who wanted more attention as I laugh while walking out of his office.

"Oh, G—ood mornings. Ms. Lauren," Lina greeted me, as I could see surprise on her face. when she see me walk out in Matthew office with a smile on my face.

I try to hide my smile as I show her the documents on my hands when I press the elevator button to go back to my office.

"I almost got caught," I said to myself when the elevator door closed, going down on the 9th floor.

I can feel my heartbeat beating so fast as I think of what would happen if someone saw us and caught us. I still have 1 month to render everything in my work, and I just want to leave in peace.

I take deep sighs as I remember how Matthew and I almost got caught in the office.

'First was when we were kissing in the elevator early in the morning, as we thought no one was in the office that early at 6 a.m., but we both got taken back when someone got on the elevator with us. We were just lucky that it's not his employee'

'Second is when Mr. Henry almost caught us in his office, when we almost make it out when I got some documents for his approval. Matthew was so aggressive at times that I found it too hard to resist him. I remember how I hid under his table at that time. And what Mr. Henry said to him makes me laugh until now'

'Uh, Mr.Matthew, is the office too hot for you? ' Mr. Henry asked him as he saw how his suit unbutton, revealing his bare body as he sat on his desk.

Everything about us was like a box of emotions. At times, I just want to let things go out for us and not hide, but knowing how Matthew images in the business industry makes me worry and afraid of where our relationship will lead him.

He worked hard for the past few years just to get to where he was now, and dragging him down because of our relationship. I don't think I can handle the guilt if something goes wrong because of me.

Not knowing his father, I don't think that he will approve of us.

'Is what my worries about having Matthew on my side'

'If getting back was the right thing to do this time? '

"What are you thinking now?" Matthew's voice snapped me out as he was driving me home today. I got to work overtime because Camille is still on leave until next week. It's already 9 p.m. at night, still early, so I asked Matthew to have dinner with me.

The street and car lights passed by us as he drove at speed. I liked how the cold breeze touched my face. I find it so clammy.

"Uhmm, nothing." I give my answer, not looking at him.

"So, where are we going?" He asked me as he followed the navigation I put on his car. I just smile, letting him guess where we are going.

Liza is busy with her clothing business, as she told me that she would go home for a week. Jonathan was also busy on his job, as they have some tournaments next month.

So I think it would be fine if I took Matthew to the shop tonight.

"Good evening, Ms. Lauren," Edward, my staff, greeted us when we walked inside the shop; they had already finished cleaning and arranging the chair and table.

"Should I prefer some drinks?" they offer us, but I shake my head.

"Take a rest, I can handle it. Thank you for today," I said to them when they said goodbye, leaving the shop and us alone.

Matthew was just looking around as I put my bag on the table and walked to the counter.

"I didn't know you started your own business, Lauren," he said, pulling the chair in front of the counter as he took his seat.

I smiled, as I could feel how unexpected it looked for him.

"You still have a lot to learn about me then," I teased him as I laughed when I put some sweet cake and iced coffee on the table.

"Let's have it first, as I prefer some dinner," I said when I took a sip of my coffee.

Matthew just looked at me with a smile on his face and nodded in agreement with what I said.

It brings back the old times to me every time he smiles at me. He takes my worry away and makes me enjoy the moment I had with him. I feel secure and safe knowing that he is with me again.

I was preferring our dinner as I cooked some pasta. when I could hear a footstep on my back.

"It smells good." Matthew's voice on my back made me gulp for a second, as I could feel how close he was to me.

"I already finished, you should get back on your seat," I said as I turned off the heat and turned around to push him, but my hand felt weak when I touched his broad chest as he was looking at me.

'wrong move, Lauren'

I said this into my mind as I bit my lips, realizing our position now. I try to walk beside him, but he puts his hand on the counter of the kitchen, lacking me as he also puts his left hand on the other side.

"you know biting your lips, won't help us right?" Matthew voice shake as I know he try to controlled himself.

I gulped as I could feel his breath on my face. 'Don't look at him, Lauren.' I tried to make myself calm down. as I see how he also gulps in front of me.

"Lauren" Matthew called my name.

and I can't stop myself from looking up at him, locking my eyes on him. as he slowly leans closer on me, giving me a kiss on my lips.

Matthew was gentle as he slowly moved his lips to mine. when I also kiss him back, making him tense for a second as we deepen our kiss, making his way inside my mouth as I could feel his tongue touching and reaching mine.

I gasped for air when he pulled me closer to him, turning me around as he carried me on his arms and put me up on the table beside us.

He kisses me so desperately as his hand touches the back of my body, making me bend backward as I put both of my arms on his neck, pulling our kisses into a deep one.

I could feel how my body tensed when his warm hand entered my blouse.

He kissed me down on my neck as he licked me on my collarbone, making me let out a quick moan.

He looked at me and said, "I guess I learned where your weak spot is." He teased me, as I couldn't stop myself from holding on to his shoulder when he licked my neck, kissing me down with my blouse on.

"Ah," I moaned when his hand touched my legs, spreading them in front of him. The electrifying feeling he gave me made me weak as I let him raise my skirt, revealing my legs.

I could see lust in his eyes when he looked at me. I feel so hot inside the shop, even though there is an air conditioning unit on.

Matthew almost bends down on my legs, when we both stop someone barge on the shop.

"I already told you, okay!" 

The voice was so loud that it echoed in the shop.

"Wait, I didn't understand," 

someone followed, like they were having an argument.

"You are so numb, Jonathan!" Riza shouted again.

"W—what!? Why are you getting angry at me?" Jonathan's voice raises a bit, making Riza take back on her words and just look at him.

"I told you! I l—ike you, since I met you," Riza said on his face.

I look at Matthew as we try to hide ourselves on the counter, trying not to make a noise, as he slowly puts me down on the counter.

"I can't ignore it anymore! You make me feel that I am special to you." I could feel how Riza's emotions burst out as her voice cracked.

'She was crying? '

"You're giving me false hope," she continued.

"Even though I know you didn't see me as someone like Lauren," Riza cried.

"I like y—ou, but don't make me feel that you like me too when I know that you do not."

Silence. I knew Riza like Jonathan back when we were in grade school,but hearing her confess her love. I thought that she had no feelings for him anymore, as she had had countless relationships before.

I was wrong; she still loved him, like I do.

I looked at Matthew as we just sat on the floor, hiding.

"I know"

Jonathan's voice was calm.

"I know that you like me."

"I know how you felt about me from the start, Riza, and I took advantage of it to make you stay. I didn't understand it first, but it breaks me when I see you go out with other guys, date them, and when that fucking bastard makes you cry."

"It breaks me."

"I thought I was just feeling so comfortable around you; you are my friend."

"And I was so stupid for believing that we were just friends."

"When all along, I also knew. that I liked you too, Riza." Jonathan's voice was so calm, as I could see how this moment was so perfect for the both of them.

I was smiling,

I couldn't help but cry. I was happy.

'sob' Matthew looked at me surprised when I made some noise as I cried. I covered my mouth, trying to keep myself quiet.

"Is someone here?" I heard Riza ask, as I heard footsteps getting closer in our direction.

"Lauren?" Riza called me, as I know she knows I am here.

I stand on my feet, trying to smile, as I know how awkward it was for us.

"Uhmm, so—ory?" I just blurted out feeling sorry that I interrupted their sweet moment.

"Matthew?!" Riza and Jonathan voiced rhythm as they both said his name at the same time. The look on their faces was a mix of emotions: confused, shocked, and surprised, and I know those questioned looks in their eyes.

"Let me explain" I said as I stand beside the man in my back, Matthew.