Part 13

Does love really find its own way back to where it belongs?

Does it bring the same feelings as the way it all started before?

And to what extent will you do, just to make everything right, unlike before?

Matthew POV (teaser)

"I told you! All he brought to our company was disgrace!" His father's voice echoed in my office as he took the seat on the couch.

"Get your sense back, Matthew. I didn't let you handle our business, just to play around like your brother," he added as I took my seat in front of him.

He was strict, all he cared about was his business, money, power, and people. We were like a piece of chess on him.

That's why my mother left him before, for another man that she taught will help us. But our lives turned upside down when she got pregnant. My abusive stepfather always hurt her by asking for my father's money, which led to her miscarriage.

She sacrificed a lot for me, just to have a normal life.

My past has never been easy, as I need to leave someone. Just to repay all the responsibility as her only child, and seeing my mother almost live her life back then inside the hospital makes me remember that day when I begged for my father's help.

He laughed at me back then.

'Live with me, as my son again,' he said, 

As I was on my knee and felt so lost in that moment.

"How about the deal with Mr. William in Singapore? You know how important he was to our business," Father said to me in his strict voice, waiting for my answer.

"We already have a meeting next week, I will fly to Singapore on Monday to get the deal," I assure him, saying that I can get what he wants.

He has given me what I need for the past few years that I have worked with him. Father wants me to continue what he started in the business industry. I worked so hard to meet every expectation he had, and I never came this far without someone who I wished would be with me all this time.

'Lauren'

"I miss you too, Matthew."

I heard her say, as I didn't expect what she would do next.

When Lauren grabbed my shirt, she pulled me down as she reached my lips for a kiss. I was so surprised for a second that I couldn't believe what she was doing right now.

But I can't resist, as I hold her waist closer to my body, kissing her back. As I slowly move my lips. I try so hard to stop myself when her hands travel through my body, giving me shivering feelings. When she stops and holds my face, I can see her smiling.

"yo—u" she said in my face, as her cheeks were so red and I could smell alcohol on her as she leaned closer to me.

"You! cannot leave me again. O—kay?" 

Lauren said before she fainted and fell into my arms.

I just got back from my business trip today, as Mr. Henry, my secretary, told me that the management wanted me here. I just wanted to look around for a minute when I saw Lauren walk into this room.

She looks so perfect in her dress, which makes her stand out because of her pale skin. Her messy bunny hair that shows the back of her neck looks so sexy on her. I followed her inside, but the loud music echoed in my ears as I tried to go through the crowd.

'Where is she? ' I look for Lauren, as all I can see are people dancing around. I take a seat on the bar counter, still looking at her, when someone offers me a drink and takes a seat beside me.

"Are you alone?" She said, smiling at me as she leaned closer, showing her body trying to flirt with me. I look at the girl in front of me as she dresses in a see-through black dress with those curly, long brown hairs that go in her back.

'She has the body' I said into my mind, as I could see her smile at me when she noticed I was checking her out.

"Enjoying the view?" she teases me, trying to get closer to me. But I stop her when I hold her shoulder, making me smile to see how her face changes in disbelief.

"You can tell that I don't," I said as I left. 

She looks so shocked at what I said. I was about to leave the room when someone got my attention when she spilled the drink on a man's face.

'she's drunk' I said to myself in disbelief seeing her right now, Lauren.

She changed a lot, and I was surprised at first when I saw her back in the office. and the look in her eyes makes me feel how I hurt her in the past.

She avoided me.

But seeing her try too hard to push me away from her life, eager for me to hold on to her more, I want to take care of her. I want to take this chance on us to make everything work for us.

This time, I won't leave her.

'I missed you too, Matthew'

Lauren's voice echoes in my mind as we both enter a room, pushing me against the wall as she kisses me.

She was too drunk.

and I can't help myself, but to just give her what she wants, as I kissed her back, biting her lips, trying to open her mouth as I could feel how she was hungry for my kiss.

I can't resist as I put my hands on her waist, pushing her closer to my body as I carry her inside the room, not breaking our kiss.

I was out of my mind.

when we reach the kitchen, pushing everything on the table to fall to the ground as I carry her.

I could see Lauren gasp for air as she looked at me in the eyes.

"kiss me"

Her voice is all I can hear.

Everything felt so right when I kissed her gently while my hands on her waist started to travel on her body. We know what we want, and I could feel how Lauren was reacting to every touch I made to her body.

"Ahh." I stopped for a second when she moaned when my lips reached her neck.

"Lauren," I called her name, more like asking for her permission. when she looks at me like she's saying 'yes'.

as I grabbed her on her legs, carrying her into the bedroom, not breaking our kisses.

I didn't wait any longer when I laid her down and took my shirt off before kissing her down to her neck and licking every part of her body.

I love everything about her.

as I take her dress off, showing her body to me.

"You look so beautiful, Lauren," is all I can say when she just looks at me and smiles.

"I still love you, Matthew."

Her words took me back for a second before I reached again for her lips. This time we were more gentle, her body following mine into the rhythm as we slowly both fell into our own desires that night.

and I knew how my heart remembered every moment that I had with Lauren.

"I love you too, Lauren."