Chapter 8

My sleep was shortened due to the excessive rustling coming from the war room I checked my watch and saw that it wasn't morning yet, I knew gods didn't sleep but they should at least consider their mortal roommate
I decide to check what was causing the hassling

I got to the war room and it look liked  everyone was getting ready for a fight they were all wearing Greek styled armor without the skirts
Diemos had two swords strapped to his sides,Phobos had a spear  it was weird seeing him armor and without his signature turtleneck he looked fierce and then there was Eris who managed to look like a supermodel even in armor.

"What's going on?"

"Artemis found us, she's been watching us." Phobos answers me.

"I thought you guys had on eye her" as I said as I rushed back to the room and put on my clothes, I come out to see Eris looking at Diemos like she would like rather like him headless.

"Oh....we did but since your idiot sons know nothing about animals and their habitats we were caught off guard."

"It was one small mistake,can you please get over it." Diemos says as he pick us his shield and straps it his back, the shield had a terrifying carving of an ape baring it's unusually long fangs.

I go to the armory to get ready for the fight, I pick my sword and notice for the first time it had markings on it, I inspect the markings closing and see that they are actually images I don't have to see what the images were portraying I sheath the armor and leave the armory and walk up to Diemos.

"So what's the plan?"

"The plan has two phases, Phase one: cause a distraction, Phase two:get you out of here, Phase one is easy ,phase two is a bit problematic"

"I want to fight."

"Hold up there Achilles, this isn't a pair of manticores it Artemis."

"But you both took her down the last."

"First of all we both have thousands of years of fighting under our belt, secondly it took two of us to take her down and it sure as hell won't be as easy as it was she's been preparing to face since then and lastly you're still mortal one small attack from her and you're dead."

There's a silence.

"Why can't we all just teleport?, And one of you takes me like Eris did."

"I'm sure you remember passing out when she teleported with you that's because human bodies are built for it the pressure that come from travelling from one space to another cannot be handled,You survived because shielded you and we are not too keen on testing it out a second time."

"So what now?"

"We've got two options"

Eris and Phobos looked at him indicating they didn't know he had any type of a plan.

"We could ask passage from Hades....."

"No" Eris cuts him off. "There's no need to drag him into this he has helped enough."

" You didn't let me finish."

Eris opens her mouth to say something but doesn't.

"We could ask Hades for passage or we summon a choas demon"

Eris's expression turns to one of disappointed.

"I actually thought you were being serious "

"No,Eris he is on to something "

"Phobos you can't be taking him seriously"

I stand there watching in confusing  thinking;  what's a choas demon?, And isn't Hades supposed to be a bad guy?.