8

My heart quickened as the imposing silhouette of the Malfoy Manor came into view.

The gates, more like a fortress's entrance, stood tall and forbidding, adorned with intricate, serpentine designs and the Malfoy family crest that said, Sanctimonia Vincet Semper

Beyond the gates, a seemingly endless gravel driveway stretched ahead, flanked by perfectly manicured hedges that bordered the path with military precision.

Tall cypress trees stood like silent sentinels, casting long, haunting shadows over the approach. Their branches rustled in the breeze, creating an eerie, mournful sound.

The Manor itself, with its imposing architecture, appeared more like a castle from a grim fairy tale than a mere family residence. Its dark stone walls seemed to absorb the fading light of the day, casting the mansion into a permanent twilight.

Gargoyles adorned the eaves, and the windows glistened with a thousand secrets, reflecting the fading sun in fractured patterns.

I raised my eyes to meet Draco's gaze, finding his expression as unyielding as chiselled stone—an immense contrast to an hour ago when he cupped my face, his thumb brushing along my skin...

"Listen to me," He said, his voice low and unwavering. "I need you to promise me that you'll be careful. These are dangerous times for you, they won't hesitate to harm you if they get the chance, and I won't forgive myself if anything happens to you."

"I promise."

He leaned in, his lips brushing mine in a soft, lingering kiss.

His grip on my upper arm maintained a delicate balance, gentle yet firm, which gave it an air of authenticity.

With a mere flick of his wand, the gates were transmuted into a brief, swirling plume of black smoke, allowing us to pass through.

We were dressed in the same attire we had worn during our escape a couple of days prior.

The front door immediately captured my attention as it swung open, revealing Bellatrix Lestrange, her wand in hand.

She wore a tattered black dress that hung loosely on her bony frame, and her wild and untamed inky black hair framed her pale, manic face.

Her dark eyes bore into us, filled with an unsettling mix of curiosity and malevolence, and her lips curled into her trademark wicked smile as she observed my dishevelled appearance, no doubt finding amusement in my predicament.

"Draco, my dear boy, you've returned!" Bellatrix purred.

"Aunt," Draco said with a nod.

Then, her gaze fell on me, her smile widening dangerously. "And look who we have here." She crooned, taking a step towards me. "Little light side princess."

She laughed, a harsh, grating sound that echoed ominously through the silent courtyard. "I'm surprised to see you here. As I recall, you were quite desperate to leave our company just a few days ago, weren't you?"

My silence was a deliberate choice, a silent defiance that, I hoped, would infuriate her the most.

"Oh, my dear, you think your silence will save you?" She cackled after a moment.

The gravel crunched beneath her worn boots as she approached, closing the distance between us.

Draco's grip on my arm tightened subtly, a silent reassurance that he was there, standing beside me, no matter what.

"Maybe a little trip to the cellar will help your tongue find its voice." She taunted, yanking me out of Draco's grasp by my upper arm and guiding me inside.