~Chapter 2~

Author: "Anyways, what do you want to eat?" Vince plainly asked Rody while walking towards the kitchen, so he followed him while thinking about what would be good to eat right now. "Anything is fine. I'm just hungry." Rody told him while smiling before taking a seat on Vincent's kitchen stool that's next to the kitchen counter. Vince just sighed at Roxy's basic answer before looking at his fridge. "It's still amazing to me that you can cook even though you can't taste and even own your own restaurant." When Rody said this, Vince felt offended for a second but then Rody said something that really surprised him. "Meanwhile, I be burning cereal." That made Vince stop everything he was doing and turn to face Rody in disbelief. "Say...what now?" Vince asked after blinking a few times and processing what Rody just said. "Is it that surprising?" Rody asked while laughing awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck. "Yes! How is possible for you to burn cereal? I know you're an idiot, but this is to a whole other level." Vince told Rody while still being in disbelief and trying to process everything. He even started questioning himself for loving someone like Rody. "Hey, that's a little rude." Rody told Vince while crossing his arms and pouting. "Show me." Vince randomly told Rody which confused him. "Show you what?" Rody asked while tilting his head like a confused dog. "Show me how you make cereal. I need to see this with my own eyes. The bowls are in the cabinets." Vince told Rody while putting the gallon of milk and the box of cereal on the kitchen counter. "Okay." Rody plainly stated, before getting off the stool and walking towards the kitchen cabinets. "Maybe I shouldn't use a microwave. I might ruin it and I don't want to pay him back, since it'll probably be my whole check he takes." Rody thought to himself while grabbing a bowl from one of the cabinets, and then he remembered the second way he made cereal which should be less dangerous where he won't own money to his boss. "What hell is he doing?" Vince thought to himself while he raised and eye brow as he crossed his arms when he saw Rody turn on the stove, but he decided to not stop him since he was now even more curious. Vincent eyes widen while staying quiet as Rody proudly put the pan on the stove, before putting in the milk and cereal. It took time to process what he was looking at right now while black smoke started coming out from the pan as it started smelling burnt. Vince genuinely looked impressed, but because of Rody's sheer stupidity and didn't even realize it.

Rody put the cereal in the bowl once he finished while feeling a little awkward and embarrassed, as he slouched while having his arms crossed

Rody put the cereal in the bowl once he finished while feeling a little awkward and embarrassed, as he slouched while having his arms crossed. "I just...don't get how you managed to burn cereal." Vince told Rody who laughs awkwardly. "...I mean. Are you impressed?" Rody asked Vince trying to find at least some sort of praise. "In a way, yeah! I guess!" Vince answered while being impressed that someone was so stupid enough to burn cereal. "Good enough for me!" Rody answered proudly while standing up straight and smiling.

 "Good enough for me!" Rody answered proudly while standing up straight and smiling

"Now get out of my kitchen before you burn it down." Vince told Rody in serious manner. Rody just nodded before immediately leaving to the living room.

After a while, Vince called Rody to the dining room. Rody walked in and saw various types of food on the table, but one in particular stood out to him. It was the Grilled Hanger Steak. He got this weird instinct inside his gut that told him not to eat it. To be honest, it reminded him of his NIGHTMARES. "Something wrong?" Vince asked calmly while wondering why Rody became so quiet all of a sudden, since that's not like him. He's usually all energetic and talkative. "Huh? O-Oh, it's n-nothing!" Rody answered immediately, but with a stutter. This made Vince more confused now, but he didn't question it further. Not really caring about it. Vince sat down before starting to eat a bit of the different foods he made, while Rody also sat down and started eating upset for the Grilled Hanger Steak. Vince stopped eating after a few bites since he couldn't handle eating a lot. "Why aren't you eating it? It was made especially for you." Vice told Rody after he noticed him not touch the Grilled Hanger Steak. For some odd reason this sent a shiver down Rody's spine. "Oh! It's cause....I'm full!" Rody told Vince while nervously laughing. Vince knew Rody was lying, but he also couldn't force him to eat. "I see. Then you should probably go to sleep then. Today was tiring." Vince calmly stated while picking up all the empty dishes and putting them in the the sink, before grabbing the Grilled Hnager Steak and putting it in the fridge. "You could take it home tomorrow then." Vince told Rody while starting to wash the dishes. "Ha...ha....totally." Rody answered awkwardly before heading to the living room to get ready to sleep. He fixed the pillows and blankets before undoing his tie. He put it on the coffee table before also removing his shoes and putting it in the corner of the couch where he won't trip on them if he needs to go to the bathroom. He undid some of his shirt buttons so he wouldn't feel like he was suffocating while sleeping. "I'll be heading to my room now." Vince told Rody after walking in once he finished washing the dishes. "Okay. Good night then." Rody told Vince while smiling and Vince simply nodded, before turning off the lights and walking to his bedroom. Rody sighed before laying down on the couch. "Such an odd day. Who knew Vince could be nice to his employees." Rody thought to himself thinking the chefs have the same experience with Vince. Rody would try to go to sleep but he couldn't which has never happened before to him. He usually always falls asleep immediately, it's very rare for him to struggle to sleep. He kept squirming in the couch trying to get comfortable before sighing in defeat, after not being able to get comfortable and fall asleep. "How annoying..." Rody thought to himself.

Cliff Hanger