~Chapter 5~

Author: My apologies for not posting last Friday. I had an appointment that day to get my wisdom teeth removal, which was a pain in the ass 😒. Anyways, back to the story.

~The Next Day~

Rody: I didn't get much sleep at all since I was panicking on what to wear. I always wore something decent when I went on dates with Manon, but I didn't want to wear the same clothes I would wear for our dates. I needed something different. I mean Vince wouldn't even know, but I would and I would feel very guilty. I decided I would do some quick shopping at a near by store before he comes to pick me up.

I went to the nearest clothes store and tried to buy something decent that was cheap. I noticed a cologne that's a sweet scent of lemons. I grabbed it before sniffing it a little. My eyes widen in surprise by how good it smell. It wasn't too strong and didn't smell bad. I decided to buy it since Vince likes lemons, before continuing to look around for what I really came for.

After I bought some clothes that were decent for our date which felt like it took ages, I went back home. I quickly took a shower and changed before putting some of the lemon cologne, but then I realized I was ten minutes late. I burst out of my apartment and saw Vince waiting in his car while looking annoyed. He noticed me and got out of the car. "You're late, but not surprised by it." He told me before opening the passenger car door. "Yeah...sorry about that." I told him as he sat on the driver's seat. "So where are we going exactly?" I asked him curiously as he started driving. "I was thinking the movie theater. I heard there's a new horror movie." He explained which made me excited at first, but when he said horror movie, I froze. I was terrified of horror movies. "That...sounds fun." I told him while smiling, but in reality I was panicking. "Do you not want to?" He asked and I didn't want to ruin the date like this. "Of course I do! Just nervous about how our first date will go, is all." I told him while smiling which made him raise his eyebrow in a questionable manner, but didn't ask any further. "Shitshitshitshit! What am I going to do?! What if I ruin the date or make myself look like a fool?! Wait...why do I care so much? I remember being so calm and excited while going on dates with Manon. I do feel excited about going on a date with Vince, but also nervous. Is it cause he's my boss?" I thought to myself while feeling confused.

When we arrived, I had the idea that I was gonna pay for our tickets and snacks, but was surprised when Vince paid for everything. I guess I got so used to always paying for Manon that I didn't even think about how Vince would actually be during our first date.

Vincent: Once we got everything we needed we headed into the room where the movie is gonna show. I could tell Rody was scared since his food was shaking because of him. We took a seat and waited a while before the movie began.

At first, Rody seemed nervous while eating, but then he started enjoying the film. That was until a jump scare appeared. He immediately wrapped his arms around mine, while cowering in fear. I was calm and had no reaction, but felt happy by the situation we were in now. "We should go to scary movies more often." I thought to myself while staring at the screen blankly as Rody continued to cower.

Rody: I felt my cheeks flush when Vince took a hold of one of my hands, and intertwined our fingers

Rody: I felt my cheeks flush when Vince took a hold of one of my hands, and intertwined our fingers. He didn't say anything, but he did make me feel more cared for. It felt like he was trying to reassure me in his own way, which made me smile a little.

Vincent: We walked out of the movie theater when the movie finished, I decided to hand Rody my coffee since I didn't finish it and it was cold outside so I was hoping that this would help him stay warm. "Here. It's yours now. As far as keeping me warm it's not bad. I can't taste anyway." I calmly stated while handing him my coffee cup. "Erm...thanks? I feel... flattered by this...? But I prefer coke..." He told me while being confused on why I was handing him my coffee. "Rody." I simply told him while giving him a small glare, before he finally took it.

" I simply told him while giving him a small glare, before he finally took it

"Anyways, it's getting late. I better drive you home now." I told him while we walked to the parking lot. "Oh yeah! I didn't even realize it." He told me while smiling but then we noticed small snowflakes start gently falling to the ground. "Seems like we're gonna have a snowy Christmas this year. It's been a while since I saw snow." Rody told me while stretching his hand forward and watching as a slow flake fell on his hand. I simply nodded in agreement to his statement before we got in my car. "Did you enjoy our date?" I asked while driving. "Yeah...it was nice. Could we...go on a second date?" Rody told me while sounding honest. "That's good to hear then and sure. You could even choose the place if you want." I told him before parking my car next to the sidewalk in front of his apartment. I turned off the car before pulling him into a kiss. I felt him flinch a little before wrapping his arms around me and returning the kiss. Even though I fully lost my sense of taste, the kiss we shared yesterday and are sharing today was almost as if I could truly taste him even though I knew that was impossible.

While we continued kissing, he randomly pushed me away when one of neighbors lights turned on. He seemed embarrassed. Like if he didn't want us to get caught, which made me chuckle softly.

Cliff Hanger