~Chapter 6~

Author: Two days have passed since their first date. But after their date, Vince got very busy with trying to figure out a new recipe to put on the menu. He ended up getting absolutely no sleep whatsoever and felt really tired that he was starting to doze off while checking that the cooks were doing their jobs.

Meanwhile, Rody was energetic more than usual since he didn't get any weird dreams or awful nightmares. For once he slept well.

When Rody was about to go throw the trash out, he noticed a rat sitting at the corner. He looked around and saw that the cooks didn't seem to notice the rat since they were busy cooking. Vince was also nowhere to be seen, so he grabbed a small piece of cheese from the leftovers before feeding it to the rat. He crouched down before letting the rat climb on his hand. "What the hell are you doing? Get back to work." Rody heard Vince from behind him while he sounded annoyed and exhaustion. So, Rody stood up and faced Vince before showing him the rat that was sitting on his hands while smiling. "Hey Vince, check out this little guy I fou..." Before Rody could finish his sentence, Vince interrupted him. "Why do you have that." Vince asked but it sounded more like a question that he didn't want to be answered as he gave Rody a death glare.

" Vince asked but it sounded more like a question that he didn't want to be answered as he gave Rody a death glare

Rody knew he should probably get rid of the rat before he gets fired. "Seems the trash is full." Rody simply told Vince, while laughing awkwardly before opening the back door while carrying the trash bag and rat.

"*Sighs* Jeez, he looked like he was about to kill me. I guess chefs really don't like pests inside their restaurant." Rody thought to himself while thinking that Vincent's attitude was a normal reaction every chef has.

After throwing the trash away and putting the rat on the floor, he walked back inside and closed the door behind him, as he made sure the rat didn't follow him back inside. Then he noticed that Vince was starting to doze off while holding a little notebook. He smirked while laughing a little to himself before grabbing a spoon and a pan that he was gonna use to wake up Vince.

 He smirked while laughing a little to himself before grabbing a spoon and a pan that he was gonna use to wake up Vince

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Vince asked Rody in annoyance while lifting his head up to face him. Rody flinched in surprise before immediately hiding the spoon and pan behind his back. "Nothing." Rody simply told Vince before putting the pan and spoon next to the sink, before running out to continue working. "How annoying...." Vince thought to himself before starting to doze off again.

"Ugh, it was gonna be funny if I woke up Vince when hitting the pan, I bet he was gonna jump like a cat from being surprised." Rody thought to himself while serving people as he felt disappointed.

When work was over, Rody went home. He took a quick shower and was about to take a nap, when all of a sudden he got a phone call. Even though he was starting to fall for Vince, he still had feelings for Manon, so he answered the phone immediately thinking it was her. When he was about to ask if the caller was Manon, a male voice was heard and he realized it was Vince. "Rody, I need you to come over to my house right now. I need help with something." Vince told Rody, which confused him on what Vince could possibly need his help on. "Why? I already got out of work." Rody told Vince before hearing a deep sigh at the other end. "Rody, just come over right now or else I'll lower your paycheck." Vince told Rody in a serious and demanding voice. "Fine." Rody groaned while feeling defeated, since he didn't want to go but he also didn't want his paycheck to be less.

When Rody arrived, everything seemed more neat than usual. "So what did you need me for?" Rody asked Vince. "I have some guests coming over. I need you to serve them the food I prepared for them. It's in the kitchen right on the counter." Vince calmly explained while having his arms crossed over his chest. "Say what?! That's why you told me to come over?! Am I even getting paid for this?!" Rody yelled in annoyance and Vince just glared at Rody from how loud he was. "You won't get fired or have a smaller paycheck." Vince simply answered which made Rody frustrated, but he decided to not complain further knowing full well Vince has too much power over him. "Now hurry up. They've arrived." Vince told Rody after hearing someone knock on his door. Rody simply let out a heavy sigh before walking to the kitchen.

Rody would switch trays after offering Vincent's guests some food. Then a guy from college recognized him and started talking with him for a little while. He noticed Vince glare at him and the guy and he thought it was because he wasn't attending to the other guests. But in reality, Vince was actually jealous. "Ugh, can't I even get a small break? It's not like I'm even getting paid." Rody thought to himself before continuing to attend to Vincent's guests.

Once everyone seemed satisfied and full, he went to take the trays back to the kitchen where they were, before heading to the bathroom.

After he finished taking his business, he couldn't help but wonder if Vincent's room looked as basic and depressing as the rest of his house. He smirked before going to Vincent's room, while making sure no one was watching.

Rody: "Wow, it looks so basic, but almost spooky like a haunted house." I thought to myself while walking around, but then in the corner of my eye I see a dark figure standing outside. I turned to look through the window more clearly but didn't see the dark figure anymore, so I just shrugged it off as my imagination.

Cliff Hanger
The real reason why there was a rat in the kitchen 🤣.

Cliff HangerThe real reason why there was a rat in the kitchen 🤣