CHAPTER 15

"Excuse me, may I know who you are?" she asked cautiously.

"None of your damn business. Don't even think about causing a scene or doing anything foolish. Just get out of here before I do something you'll regret." he threatened, his tone chillingly menacing. Jane looked at me, clearly terrified by his demeanor.

"John Victor, go ahead and escort your lady out. I'll be right here, watching. Don't even think about running away, or else these innocent people will suffer the consequences." he growled, his eyes drilling into me with a bone-chilling stare. I led Jane away, and he calmly took my seat, never once breaking eye contact with me.

"Don't worry, Jane. You can leave. I got this." I said confidently.

"Who is he? Are you sure you'll be okay? He was totally threatening us... Should I call the cops after I take off?" she blurted out in shock.

"Relax, no need to do that. Just go home safely and text me." I said, trying to calm her down.

"But, but—"

"Seriously, it's alright, Jane. I have an idea who he is. I'll handle it. I'll be fine." I reassured her. With that, she left the restaurant, and I returned to sit back at my table.

"You are the demon king, aren't you?" I asked. trying to sound nonchalant.

"Looks like I don't need to introduce myself. The name's Krueger, the demon king." he said with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"You looked different the other day." I said.

"Yeah, that was my demon form. I suppose you know why I am here too." Krueger said.

"I don't. Tell me first what you did to Fred."

"I killed him, as usual. That motherfucker somehow keeps coming back." he admitted.

"So, what exactly do you want from me?" I inquired, trying to remain calm.

"Listen carefully. Hand over the hat and the bag Fred gave you and cut all contact with him." he demanded.

"And what if I refuse?" I asked, my heart pounding with fear.

"Then you and your loved ones will bekilled. It's that simple." he stated with a cold, serious tone.

" he stated with a cold, serious tone

(Krueger human form concept art)

"Why do you want them? They're pretty much useless anyway." I casually questioned.

"That's none of your business. Hand them over and forget everything that happened, and I'll let you live. You've got a couple of minutes to decide. If you don't comply, then I have no choice." he threatened nonchalantly.

"Hey, asshole!" I heard someone say next to me. It was Nick!

"Nick, how did you come back?" I asked in surprise.