Chapter 5 : Book of Sorrows

Tom starts to wake up as Lily goes down stairs to talk with Clara. Lily is worried about Tom and wants to see if Clara has any insight into what she should do to help him feel better. Tom just stares at his ceiling as thoughts and regrets make him shed tears all over again. Weeks past. He's feelings made him feel numb and empty instead of alive. A plain, despairing state that no one deserves. As if the sunlight was stolen out of him and brought complete darkness. Tom somehow found relief whenever his best friend was around, yet couldn't help himself from constantly feeling like a burden. Lily was trying her best to comfort him and be there for him. He appreciated even if nothing was working to cheer him up. Even when he tried he couldn't speak to Lily the way he used to. Conversations were either short, silent, or just him in tears as his best friend held him close. His heart felt heavier each day. The only little glow that kept his heart going was Lily. He had to try yo keep going for her. He tried his best to stay sober even if it was hard. Tom just wanted to feel something for once. Was it wrong ? To feel joy again or to truly be happy ? Where did it all go ? He wondered to himself. Nothing is no longer an effort, and nothing at all seems worth it. Sleep is the only way to escape what lies out in reality. At night he found himself either oversleeping or sleeping too little. Sometimes crying himself to sleep. Where in the morning, he looked in the mirror and didn't see himself. Tom's tear stained face, puffy and swollen with grief. He was becoming very thin from skipping meals. He could no longer keep his head up as he walked. Constantly not being able to make eye contact with anyone and his shoulders drooped. "Not again", he groaned in misery whenever college students from the party bullied him or beat up. Tom had to hide in a storage closet just to escape it all. Panic attacks would creep up on him suddenly. How many times did he have to suffer like this ? To feel alive instead of dying. How he wished when people saw him with a smile on his face they knew it was fake. How every morning it's hard to get wake up in a world uncaring of the battle he tries to defeat at home. We hid behind our troubles with smiles and waves unknowing what the other person is going through. When will the world stop and look each other in the eye....to tell someone I'm here for you instead ripping others apart who deserve nothing but love. All has been written down in Tom's book of sorrows.

 All has been written down in Tom's book of sorrows