Chapter 18 : My Red Lollipop

*Weeks Past,.....It's Graduation Day*
"Now we will hear our first graduate speech from Lily Morgan", the principal announces into the microphone.

"Um.....I wasn't sure if I would be able to make this speech today.....but I had to because someone special to me would have wanted that. His name was Tom....you may have seen him around on your way to class, at a party trying to blow his stress away, or maybe because you bullied him....", Lily pauses, "Tom was just like anyone else he made mistakes....had faults....had a smile that reached to his eyes....and he was easy to talk to....but Tom wasn't just anyone to me.....he was the guy I stole red lollipops from...my next door neighbor.....love of my life.....and best friend. You may be wondering.....why speak of him on this special day ? My graduation day.....because out of me and my best friend Tom.....I'm the only one who made it to the finish line today......you see Tom passed away before he could graduate today......so I wanted to cross the finish line for him." The room falls silent, everyone staring at Lily in shock and disbelief. Some sit with tears pooling in their eyes as others hang on regret. The gravity of Lily's words hangs heavily in the air, her grief and pain visible in her voice. The graduation ceremony of their accomplishments and future prospects is now tinged with an underlying current of sadness and loss. Lily continues to speak, "My best friend was a victim to bullying and alcohol abuse because of how others treated him......I couldn't save my best friend.....but I can try to save others.....we all have a responsibility to create a safe and supportive environment for everyone,and that means working with one another instead of working against....the world has enough hate in it to be fighting each other. Tom was not only a victim.....but human. I believe people usually forget we are human.....we bleed...fall...and we feel. So on this graduation day and beyond.....tell my best friend's story..... and In a world that always wears a mask behind hatred all I ask is to be the soul that breaks free with love.....live for joy to make a future brighter. I know it's hard. I know you try to do your best. If not do it for me.....do it for Tom." Lily pauses wiping a tear away, "Tom is gone....but his laughter....his sweetness will always remain....that's why he will always be My Favorite Red Lollipop."

Sea of faces before her applauding but only Lily can focus on is Tom's memory. "You did good, my little monster" Lily can almost hear Tom's voice in the back of her mind holding on with one hand to his necklace she gave him a long time time ago in the shape of a red lollipop.

 "You did good, my little monster" Lily can almost hear Tom's voice in the back of her mind holding on with one hand to his necklace she gave him a long time time ago in the shape of a red lollipop

Your Life Matters : Suicide & Crisis Lifeline 988 For emotional and substance use support 24/7
Bullying is no joke and if your dealing with it you deserve help
Together we can end bullying

Thank you so much for reading my story feel free to give this story a vote :) Also be sure to check out my other stories like
Spirit Of The Wood
Mind of Two Brothers
Hurricane
And I Heart You