Chapter 12 : Redemption

The next day, after the events that occurred the night before, the three friends were still a very tense and emotional bunch and decided to stay over at Lily's. Lily was in the kitchen making breakfast while Clara was sitting at the dining table, reading a book and trying her best to distract herself from everything that had occurred. Tom walks into the kitchen looking exhausted and drained, his face still showing signs of the beatings he got the previous day. Lily, cooking the eggs in the frying pan starting to scramble them, looks over at Tom as he walks in. She can't stand to see him like this and just wants to him in the best way she can.
"Are you good to eat something ? You must feel exhausted after everything..", Lily gives him a comforting look before asking him a question.
Tom nods slightly looking down at the floor, he felt so guilty and dejected, not to even mention his hangover, he felt as if he doesn't deserve any of the kindness she's showing right now. Lily smiles and hands him, and Clara a plate of eggs and sitting next to him. "Thank you", a slight smile appeared on his face in appreciation for the meal. Lily begins to eat from her plate and Tom purposely steals some of her eggs like they use to do when they were kids. Feeling happy he manages to eat and calm down.
"Here....try and eat these with the eggs.....", Lily takes a couple of pieces of bread from the table and offers them to Tom.
"I should have never turned against you both like that and cut you out of my life, maybe I deserve to be hurt and feel miserable.......no matter what I do things go terrible for me.....stress of school, my ex and her sister, my addiction and i ruined our friendship....I feel like a monster trapped in the world forcing me to be the worse....is this why people turn angry and hateful ?".
"You're not the monster Tom....the world is full of people who are monsters.....they make you just like them because you're unique or happy.....once the world finds the some light...it drives it out with darkness....and yes it's horrible but it takes the right people to show you not everyone in the world is a monster", Lily holds Tom's hand.
"Lily.....even when I threw you out my house.....you stayed and never gave up on me.....I know you guys came all out your way to help me, I took it for granted, I don't deserve friends like you....the monster is still there it stays with me....weighing my guilt down....it's just.....it's just going to drown me", Tom's voice cracks as tears stream down his cheeks. "I shouldn't be here...I should stay away before i hurt you both again.....you should hate me", Tom stands up and begins to walk to the front door.
"Tom don't......as long as I'm still breathing I'm not letting you drown alone in darkness.....since we were kids and I ate your favorite lollipop...monster or not.....Tom....",Lily's voice breaks as she pauses, "I love you....in every universe".