Chapter 7 : World's Apart

Tuesday morning, Lily was walking through the college ground to her next class with Clara. Lily is still in shambles over everything from yesterday. Tom is still avoiding Lily every way he can. Yet as Clara and Lily were walking to their next class, they crossed paths with Tom and the mystery girl. Immediately, the mystery girl launched into a rage of bullying. She started body shamming Lily and making insults about how Tom was now hers.
"Well.....well...well...the pathetic little rodent...."
"Knock it off......", Clara said in raged.
"Im sorry I wasn't speaking to the side kick......"
"This side kick would kick——"
"Your'e such a loser.....you know that.....that's why Tom is with me now....he felt bad for you, now that I'm here, he knows what a real woman is like...so why don't you go cry to Clara about it.....and erase yourself from this planet.....isn't that right Tom?", The mystery girl said sharply cutting Clara off turning her attention back to Lily.
Tom was right there, but he wasn't doing anything about it. He just looked away, feeling conflicted but not sure what to do. Lily briefly looked up from the ground to look at Tom, who still treated her as if she was invisible.
"You're an awful excuse for a human you know that !", Clara yelled.
"Yes.....but I'm...much....worse......", the mystery seemed unfazed,however, responded in a low threatening voice, shoving Lily to the ground.
The mystery girl's insults cut deep, and Lily felt like she couldn't defend herself. Lily was already feeling hurt and damaged by the mystery's insults, but when the shove ended up injuring her physically. The cold surface of the ground hit her back as a sharp stab of pain rose from somewhere in her side. Clara was horrified at the sight, but didn't want to make things worse by fighting the mystery girl. Tom tightened his fist as he saw Lily hit the ground. However before he could do anything, the mystery girl dragged him away from Lily and Clara. This whole situation was making his stomach turn. Just as Lily and Tom had crossed paths for a minute, the rift between them was so wide that it seemed like they had no connection anymore. They were truly worlds apart.