Chapter 11: Explosions and Burning Secrets

BEAUTIFUL FAN ART BY SPARKLY GEM BEAN SHOW SOME LOVE IN THE CLUB <3
Star's POV

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Ugh... Can't a cat get some sleep around here...

I got up from my bed to see flashes of color everywhere. My eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness of the room and I could see the dark silhouette of Bubba standing in front of the window, his focus glued to the sky. I walked over to him and looked towards the sky, watching the fireworks.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Totally...."

We both glanced out the window, taking in the scenery. I don't exactly remember the rain stopping. Looking at the clock on the wall, I could see that it was almost 4am in the morning. I guess that toons celebrate whenever they really have the chance.

"Come on! Their are a bunch of other toons out there, let's go celebrate with them!"

He grabbed my paw and pulled me out the door. Right when we walked outside I could hear the bang of the fireworks and the sounds of toons using party poppers. I smiled and ran out towards the gazebo, wanting to join in on the fun. Right when I got there, a light blue cat handed me a glow stick and smiled. I cracked the stick and it started glowing a bright pink. I smiled and went over to the pond, where toons were taking turns fishing on the docks. The cat walked back over to me and looked up towards the sky.

"I'm surprised we were able to fit these in with how it was raining for the last few hours."

"Yeah me to. Say, what are the fireworks for?"

"It's the summer celebration! Have you been living under a rock for the last month?"

"Kinda yeah..."

"The name is Sparkly Gem Bean."

"Lucky Star. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Same with you! Come on, the fireworks can be seen the best right in the Burrrgh, with all the open space."

I looked back towards the town hall to see Bubba and Provitallitys chatting. He looked over towards me and walked over.

"Go and have some fun Star. Can I maybe... At least come with you?"

I looked over towards Gem and she nodded yes.

"TP TO ME WHEN I SAY ITS OK!"

She pulled out a black circle and hopped through it. I felt the cold breeze of the Burrrgh when she jumped through it and the circle disappeared.

"Star, just come with me. I have teleportation access."

He pulled out his black circle and took my paw into his. We jumped through the hole together and hopped out onto the cold snow and ice of the Burrrgh. I looked up to see the fireworks perfectly, not a single object obstructing the sky. I opened my mouth in awe. It was just so beautiful.

"Star?"

"Yeah, Bubba?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Everything."

We both looked up towards the sky and watched the fireworks. But the burning thought in the back of my mind kept me from enjoying them with him. It hurts me that I'll have to leave him...

"Guys! Didn't I tell you that the view here was the best?"

"Yeah you did Sparkly. Thank you for showing us this spot."

"Of course! You guys want to trolley after the fireworks?"

"Gem I would LOVE to! How about you chill out here with us until for fireworks end?"

"Sure!"

She stood next to me and we all looked skyward, admiring the fireworks. I needed a break from the drama. This is exactly what I needed.

A/N: Happy Fourth of July for anyone that reads this in the United States! Have a toontastic day guys, I love you all <3