Chapter 5: A Walk Down Memory Lane

Third Person POV

"Aw... Brownie, I can see it already."

"See what, Autumn?"

"Just that. They'll be together eventually I just know it."

Brownie glanced over towards Star and Bubba, sighing.

"You know that Alphinore won't allow that. He hasn't allowed it before and I don't think that he will let it happen."

Autumn looked at Alphinore, who was busy listening to Provitallitys.

"Yeah, I know. Maybe we could-"

"Highly doubt it."

She gazed over towards Bubba and Star, who were standing on the sidewalk, deeply engrossed in a conversation. She then walked over to them, tapping Star on the shoulder and whispering in her ear.

"Now?"

"Yeah now. Prov is already waiting for us by The Blizzard Wizard."

Star looked over at Bubba and smiled. He protectively put his arm around her, trying desperately to prevent her from leaving.

"I'll meet you guys back at the playground. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

"But Star I-"

"I think I need a little girl time OK? It isn't anything you said or did. Besides, I think that Brownie and Alphinore want to talk to you."

He looked over at them, and then sighed in defeat.

"Ok... Just, be careful."

"I will be, you don't have to worry."

He gave her a hug and watched her run down the street. He then walked over towards Alphinore and Brownie. They both looked up from the piece of paper they were reading when he approached them.

"So, Bubba, what's going on with you and Star?"

"I can't say, Alphy."

"Well, why not?"

He looked down at the snow-covered ground and said,

"I just can't."

---

"So you actually don't have any gags on you?"

"Nope, sure don't Prov. It definitely isn't something that I'm proud of, but with how I just showed up there was no time to get any."

"Plus Bubba has been pretty much protecting you the ENTIRE time. It's like he LIKES YOU!"

"AUTUMN! Don't shout it for all the shopkeepers to hear geez."

"Sorry. But for real, I really think he likes you."

"We may never know. He'll say something when he wants to and we can't change when that will happen."

"Just give the poor guy some time, he probably doesn't even know what to think!"

"You're right Prov. Autumn, you heard her. No talking to him about it, alright?"

"FINEEE"

They all burst out laughing, holding onto each other to make sure they didn't fall into a snow bank. Once they all recovered from the laughing fit, Star looked out into the street to see a Number Cruncher walk by and three toons waltz up to battle it.

"Hey guys... What happened to make the cogs appear? Oh, and I heard Bubba mention the name Slappy, who is he?"

Autumn and Prov looked towards the tunnel they were all approaching and then turned to face star.

"Look, we're almost to the playground. How about we explain once we're all back together at HQ?"

"I'm fine with that."

They all walked through the tunnel and saw an igloo with a periscope sticking out of it. Across the barren and desolate field, toons were fishing in a freshly thawed out pond, frustrated with all the frozen fish they were catching.

"Is this the playground?"

"Sure is. You should get some jellybeans and gags while you're here. Come with me."

Star followed Autumn and Prov across the ice and snow-ridden field towards the trolley, where a purple dog was sitting. She smiled at them and then put her head down, sighing. They all sat down and gazed out towards the tunnel in the distance, watching toons enter and exit the area.

"Hey, is everything OK?"

The dog looked up towards Star, looking depressed.

"Me? Well, not everything is satisfactory. I just got told that my friend was captured by Sellbots, so I honestly don't know what to think."

"Look, we're going to be heading to their HQ once she has better gags and laff. Would you like us to search for your friend while we're there?"

The dog picked up her head and smiled.

"If you guys are really going to that place... can I come with you?"

Prov and Star looked at each other, and then looked at

Autumn, hoping for an answer.

"Well... I think that it would be a better idea that we talk to my other friends before we say yes for sure."

"It's OK, I can wait."

They all looked ahead, feeling the trolley move and listening to the tracks shifting down the tunnel. The trolley then stopped at a room with huge cards on the floor.

"AW MAN!"

"Not toon memory."

"Just make me go sad now, PLEASE?"

"Wait, what's so bad about it?"

The three toons looked at Star with annoyed looks on their faces.

"It's just so time-consuming and pain-inducing."

"One of the WORST trolley games ever."

"Agreed."

Star sighed and hopped off the trolley.

"Let's just get this done and over with if it's really that bad then."

She walked into the room and stood in a corner, waiting for the other three. They looked at each other, then got off the trolley and walked into the room. Once they were all standing in their respected corners, a timer on the wall started to count down. They all then started to wildly run around the room, flipping card after card in an effort to clear the board. Once the timer hit zero, there were only six cards remaining on the floor.

"Nice job for your first go at it."

'Thanks, Prov!"

They hopped back on the trolley and rode into the gag shop. They all got off and then the trolley went back outside, waiting for the next group of toons to hop on.

"Star!"

She turned around to see Bubba and Alphinore standing in the doorway.

"Hey Bubs! Where's Brownie?"

"He's waiting for us at the toon HQ. Ready to go?"

The dog stepped forward and looked at Alphinore.

"Uh, I was wondering if, perhaps, I could come with you guys?"

"That should be fine..."

"Clicie."

"That should be fine... Clicie."

The group bought their gags and walked out of the shop, heading towards the toon HQ, towards learning what the resistance is really up to.