𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥?

[At breakfast the next morning]

Valeria, Not wanting to sit at the Slytherin table, decides to sit by Jade at the Hufflepuff table. "Howja sleep last night?" she asked Jade.

"Not that bad actually. How's your Niffler?" Jade said.

"Well, I can't really have an owl take them back home so, I'm having him stay in my bag." Valeria sighs.

"I talked to professor Mcgonagall. She told me to talk to Hagrid and said that he might nifflersit him during some classes too. Speaking of, what classes do you have?" Val questioned Jade.

Jade looks at her schedule. "I have History of Magic, Charms, Transfiguration, Potions, DADA, Herbology, and then Astronomy". Valeria smiled at this "We have History of Magic, Potions, and Herbology together!." she squeals.

"Yes" they giggle as they high-five each other "OH! I have to write to my parents!" Jade panics and grabs out parchment and starts writing. "How did you sleep?" Valaria scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Well other than it being so cold down in the dungeons. It wasn't that bad when I fell asleep." Jade rolled up her parchment. "Wanna go to the owlery with me? "Val nods and they walk over to the owlery. 

"BEAN!!" A brown barn owl flies down and lands on Jade's arm. "Take this to Mom and Dad." She says to the owl and ties the letter to his foot and gives him a small treat.

"Off you go!" she said as the owl flew out the window. "Beans our Family owl." Jade looked at her watch

"Shoot! We have to get to class!" curses as she drags Val in a rush to get to the History of Magic classroom.

[Time Skip]

 (Note: we have made a decision to have each house is split into two groups for classes, sometimes the groups merge but it's unlikely. Thus way Valeria and Jade have the same Potions and why Draco and Harry still have their own class.)

Jade walks into the Potions classroom to sit next to Valeria. "Hey Val. What do you think Snape is going to be like? I've heard from the other classes that he favors Slytherins."

Valaria shrugs. "How was Transfiguration?" The two quietly talked as Snape walked in and began to do the roll call. "Now, Miss. Sanchez!" Jade looked up at Snape. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Jade clears her throat a little nervously. "You get a powerful sleeping potion called the Living Death." He nods a little taken aback at the sudden answer.

Then he turns to Valeria. "Now Miss. Cerulean! What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?" Snape demanded.

"Aren't they the same plant but different names?" Snape nods a little, approving her answer, and turns to the rest of the class.

"Well? Why aren't you copying that down! And 5 points to Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Today you will make a potion to cure boils in pairs. Instructions are on the board." he snaps at everyone.

"You studied before class too?" Jade asked.

"Mom had me, she said it was good to read up before starting classes." Val whispered.

Val and Jade kept on talking as they followed the instructions. With Jade figuring out some other ways to make the recipe work better, They were almost done when Snape walked over to check the progress.

Snape stopped at the girls' cauldron. "Your potions are almost done. How? they aren't supposed to be done until thirty minutes from now, and charms don't work on this particular potion."