𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐬 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐥

As they entered November, the weather turned frigid. The mountains around the school turned icy gray and the lake was like chilled steel. Jade and Valeria stayed inside as much as they could due to the cold.

Quidditch had become a hot topic but the two girls weren't all into it like the other students. As they rather stay inside and hang out with Skunk or experiment in potions in Snape's class, They were walking in between classes when they heard Hermionie ask a very questionable question.

"So why did he just try and kill Harry?"

"Who tried to kill Harry?" Jade asked. The attention was drawn to the two girls who walked up to the four. "This lot thinks Snape tried to kill Harry." Hagrid said. Valeria's eyebrow raised and Jade looked confused.

"I know a jinx when I see one. I've read all about them! You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking at all. I saw him!" Hermione replied in a frantic tone.

"Why would Snape want to kill a student? Maybe it was someone else!" Valaria defended, Hermione just rolled her eyes.

"Now, listen to me, all five of yeh- yer meddlin' in things that don' concern yeh. It's dangerous. You forget that do an' you forget what it's guardin', that's between Professor Dumbledore an' Nicolas Flamel-'' Hagrid cut himself off realizing he had said to much

"AHA! So there's someone called Nicolas Flamel involved, is there?" Harry said. Poor Hagrid, he looked so mad with himself.

[Time skip]

December came quickly as the weather got so cold that all owls that flew letters had to be nursed by Hagrid before they could be sent back.

Val and Jade walk side by side talking as they see the three Gryffindors talking to Hagrid in the great hall. "-drop it. It's nothin' to you what that dog's guardin'." Hagrid huffed.

"Oh no. We just want to know who Nicolas Flamel is. That's all." Valaria added. Hagrid groaned. "And now you've got these two with ya'. I'm sayin' nothin'."

"Just have to find out for ourselves then." Ron said as the five walked to the library.

"Not that I'm against this, but we haven't found anything yet. How are you sure that we can find something about him?" Jade spoke up as she pulled out Notable Magical Names of Our Times before putting it back.

"I told you before! I've read the name..." Hermione said in a kind of irritated tone.

After looking around and getting nowhere, they all head to the great hall and sit at the Gryffindor table for lunch.

"You two will still look while we're gone right? And send me an owl if you find anything." Hermione told Ron and Harry.

"You could ask your parents if they know who Flamel is. It'd be safe to ask them." Ron said.

"Very, as they're both dentists." Hermione said sarcastically.

"I'll look in my family library. Just in case." Jade told Hermionie. She nods in acknowledgment. "But are you guys sure that Snape, Tried to kill Harry? Plus if Snape wanted to kill him he had multiple other chances to do so." Jade asked. Hermione nods and Ron rolls his eyes.

"Honestly you two give him more credit than what's due." Ron scoffed.

"Maybe it's because we pay attention and want to learn about potions. He's not that bad of a teacher, Believe me I've had worse." Valaria retaliates and Ron huffs in annoyance.

While walking through the corridors Jade spoke up.

"So, Are you going to take Skunk with you over the Holiday?" she asks Valaria.