𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

Jade and Val were lucky that their head-of-houses were kind and only took away 15 points each, but unluckily, McGonagall took away 150 points.

Making Harry, Ron, Hermione, and even Neville's social life practically dead. Harry even offered to resign from the Quidditch team.

Luckily, exams were coming up so they had something to keep their minds off of. Hermonie, Ron, Val, and Jade were all studying in the library when Harry sat over by them.

"I was on my way over here when I heard someone threatening Quirrell. He looked like he was about to cry! I don't think he saw me. I'd bet that Snape had just left the room- Quirrell seemed to have given up." Harry whispered.

Ron gasped, "Snape's done it, then! If Quirrell's told him how to break his Anti-Dark Force spell-"

"There's still Fluffy, though!" Hermione intervened.

"Maybe Snape's found out how to get past him without asking Hagrid," Ron said. He looked up at the thousands of books surrounding them.

"I bet there's a book somewhere in here telling you how to get past a giant three-headed dog. So what do we do, Harry?" Jade butted in before Harry could answer. "Go to Dumbledore!"

Hermione and Valaria nodded as Ron scoffed

"Even if it is Snape, which it is not. He would know what to do." Valaria said.

"That's what we should have done ages ago. If we try anything ourselves we'll be thrown out for sure." Hermione agrees.

Ron rolled his eyes, "You girls are no fun."

Valeria, whispering so that only Jade and Hermione can hear. "You mean we have common sense?" The two other girls giggled.

"But we've got no proof! Quirrell's too scared to back us up. Snape only got to say he doesn't know how the troll got in at Halloween and that he was nowhere near the third floor –" Harry listed off.

"Who do you think they'll believe him or us? It's not exactly a secret we hate him, Dumbledore'll think we made it up to get him sacked. Filch wouldn't help us if his life depended on it, he's too friendly with Snape, and the more students get thrown out, the better, he'll think." The other four thought for a second.

"And don't forget, we're not supposed to know about the Stone or Fluffy. That'll take a lot of explaining." he added.

"If we just do a bit of poking around-" Ron tried to suggest.

"No, we've done enough poking around." Harry said as he pulled a map of Jupiter toward him and everyone went back to studying.

The following morning, notes were delivered to Harry, Hermione, Jade, Val, and Neville at the breakfast table. They were all the same: 'Your detention will take place at eleven o'clock tonight. Meet Mr. Filch in the entrance hall.'

Jade was a little annoyed that she couldn't study History of Magic but figured that they deserved what they'd got.

That night, Jade and Val met up and walked down together. Harry, Hermione Neville, and Filch were already there- so was Malfoy. They forgot that Malfoy had gotten a detention, too. But as soon as Val saw him, a small smirk grew on her face.

"Follow me," Filch lit a lantern and led them outside. "I bet you'll think twice about breaking a school rule again, won't you, eh?" he continued.

"Oh yes... hard work and pain are the best teachers if you ask me... It's just a pity they let the old punishments die out... hang you by your wrists from the ceiling for a few days, I've got the chains still in my office, keep 'em well oiled in case they're ever needed..." he said witch sent shivers down the children's spines.