Chapter 7 - You should expect the least expected

"Follow me," demanded William, still using his cheeky tone of voice.

Reluctantly she followed on.

Why am I doing this? Elizabeth wondered to herself. Personally she did not feel that being the Ashdowns' personal slave was her ideal job. If she would more assertive she would have refused to follow on however she thought it was best to keep her mouth shut. After all she was a woman and women are not supposed to speak our minds... or are we?

What's the worst that could happen if I spoke the truth?

She wondered.

Would it be worth the risk?

What's the worst they could have done, thrown me in jail?

Although, as farfetched as it seemed in reality she probably wasn't that far off with her predictions of the possible consequences!

In contrast there was only one way to find out what would happen if Elizabeth, a woman, dared to speak her mind. I wouldn't get thrown in jail, right? Plus I speak to my mother like that all the time and nothing happens.

For the time being she thought better of it. She didn't know these people. It was her first day. Plus she needed to impress her mother by not getting thrown into prison on her first day!

***

"Elizabeth..." shouted a confused voice. The confused girl recognised the voice.

Suddenly she realised where she was.

"Oh, Sir William!" She looked up and was in full view of his cheeky grin. "How may I be at service to you?" She attempted to be elegant and polite. However she completely messed up as she stumbled while taking a curtsey.

So much for making a good impression.

"I was going to introduce you to my family.However they are all out except my older brother."

Some family missing the arrival of their new 'slave!'

If William could have read her thoughts she would have been out!

"Well it will be my pleasure to make his aquatance while I await the arrival of the rest of your family. "

I was not looking forward to this in the slightest!

Elizabeth e was surprised to see that she had been confronted by a hansom young man. He was about six foot. However she forgot all about everything as she gazed into his dark blue eyes which looked like pure chrysotile.

"Harry..." Elizabeth muttered.

Author's note: This book is now back on track as all of my exams are over. :-) I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I bet you weren't expecting Harry and Elizabeth to meet again so soon. :-p. What happens next is completely shocking so stay in tune to find out. :-)
-Rebecca xx