Chapter 11 - The lost son

"I-I I was think-"

"Don't you stutter girl!" Yelled Mr Ashdown.

Elizabeth stared blankly. She didn't quite know how to reply to his intimidating mannerisms. It wasn't her fault she stuttered. After all she felt incredibly uneasy around people. In this day and age you could say she had social anxiety! However this was in a time when such issues were just classed as ignorance.

"You silly girl. Why can't you give me an answer? Do you think you are so much better than me that you have the right to ignore me?"

Elizabeth was from a fairly wealthy family as she was middle class. However she was a peasant in comparison to the upper class Ashdowns! They has no need to work as their money was passed down to their heirs. The majority of their money came from distant ancestors.

In contrast Elizabeth's family needed to work for their money. Although her family was still fairly wealthy. Therefore they could pursue all of the educational aquirements that they required. Well, Elizabeth's brothers could. Unfortunately due to the misfortune of being female it would be difficult for Elizabeth to gain little substantial education, never mind the amount that middle class men would receive!

This was why Elizabeth was expected to work. If she did not learn basic cooking, cleaning and sewing skills in a classroom then she was expected to learn them practically.

However Elizabeth was not the same as a typical female, she was almost a female with a male brain!

Her brain was like one of a detective as she had amazing analytical skills. Her previous urges to put the pieces together about Harry proved that. Unfortunately that mission was too quick for Elizabeth's likings! This was not how she expected things to be!

Mr Ashdown looked like he was going to yell some more. Fortunately for Elizabeth a door swung open causing him to forget what was happening.

"The boy is back! Declared a messenger.

"Safe and sound?" Replied Mr Ashdown.

"Yes, thank God! You are going to need to have stern words with this sneaky boy! This is the fourth time he has been missing this month!" The messenger sounded afraid.

So there's a boy. .. who keeps going missing? Who is he and who does he do this? Also why would the Ashdowns care? Elizabeth wondered.

Suddenly Mrs Ashdown appeared dashing into the room.

"My son, my son, I hear you've been found!" She shouted excitedly. Then she hesitated. "Where is he...?

Oh so he's their other son! I guess they don't want to ruin their reputation as he keeps running away! Thought Elizabeth.

A tall figure strolled into the room with his head down. His clothes looked like they had been torn apart. His hair was incredibly greasy like it hasn't been washed. He looked up and had a deep wound on his face.

Elizabeth gasped.

Not because of his torn clothes or his greasy hair or the wound on his face. No. She gasped because his eyes looked like pure chrysolite.

That day he may not have been attractive to anyone else but he was clearly attractive to Elizabeth.

Their eyes met and they gazed into one another's, wondering who should blink first. No on did. No one could break this intimate moment between the two of them.

No one except... William.

AUTHORS NOTE: This is probably my longest chapter so far. I feel content with it and I hope any readers will be.

So today is Monday and I have finished the chapter. Therefore you are probably wondering why it is Wednesday by the time you are reading this.

I have decided as an attempt to increase my reads to only update on certain days. So the next update will be Saturday.

So please, look out for updates every Wednesday and Saturday. They might change though as I start college in September.
Happy reading and I will see you here again on Saturday reading my next update. :-) :-) :-D :-D
-Rebecca xx