Chapter 9 - Mr and Mrs Ashdown

The door swung open. A wealthy women with a green corset and a long black skirt strolled in. She held her head high, probably to show off all the jewellery she owned.

"William! What are you doing with our housewife? You must give her some work!" She said sternly.

"Mother I would have tried but she started to cry!" William persisted.

"Well did you even try? The floors need sweeping, the clothes need washing and hanging up to dry. Dresses need making for the ball in weeks to come. I have barely even begun!" This woman had a very peculiar idiolect!

"Mother this woman's not right! She assaulted my dear brother as if they knew before..."

"Then we will give her some work and she must do well. If not we will see if she's a which and send her to hell!"

Witch? This woman must be insane!

"But what about the tears she still sustains?" Asked William

Suddenly a tall figure in a suit walked in. He appeared very professional in his mannerisms.

"This is why I never wanted a petty little girl to work for me. They are too emotional and have no brains!" He turned to look at Elizabeth. "You will sweep the floor and you will sweep it well. If not then you will have something to cry about. The consequences will be severe! I am Mr Ashdown, one of the wealthiest men around. My family can destroy you in an instant. Do you understand?"

Elizabeth nodded fearfully.

"Good, now SWEEP!"