𝟎𝟎𝟎, prologue

゚•┈୨♡୧┈•in the garden would you trust meif I told you it was just a summer thing?i'm only 17, i don't know anythingbut i know i miss youbetty - taylor swift ゚•┈୨♡୧┈•

゚•┈୨♡୧┈•
in the garden would you trust me
if I told you it was just a summer thing?
i'm only 17, i don't know anything
but i know i miss you
betty - taylor swift
゚•┈୨♡୧┈•

ADELINE CAMERON was known for her kindness & her quietness. She wasn't like any other 16 year old girl. She cared about animals, the planet, people struggling etc. She mainly spent all her time offering to help people with working, considering she hadn't had many friends on the island.

She used to be best friends with Kiara Carrera, a girl with long curly hair. Addie met her when she was seven, they grew to be close but when her older sister, Sarah had gotten into an argument with Kiara, Addie cut all contact with her to please her sister.

Obviously, she loved her sister, but she was a lot more popular than Addie. Addie had struggled with anxiety since she was younger, struggling to express her emotions to people, that's obviously the reason why she would rather hang out with her two sisters or even her brother than try to make new friends.

She would even spend her time helping her father, Ward Cameron run errands or go down to the island club with her step-mother, Rose Cameron.

Rafe & Sarah never really liked Rose so Adeline & Wheezie would mostly be taken care of by Rose instead of the other two.

Ward obviously loved Sarah the most, and everyone knew it. He showed it constantly through giving her expensive gifts, offering to spend time with her. While the youngest two siblings would be with their step-mother because she actually cared about them.

All Rafe ever tried to do was impress Ward, as Rafe got older, he had started to loose his mind a bit. It obviously must hurt to see someone you used to look up to destroy themself, especially them being your older brother.

When Rafe was 7 and Addie was 4, her still not being at school yet, she would try and follow him out the door being pulled back by Ward, explaining to her she couldn't go with him as she wasn't old enough to be able to even go to school yet.

Addie and Sarah didn't have much childhood memories, they grew closer in their teen years, no reason why they just both had different interests when they were younger.

Addie was Sarah's favourite sibling, without a doubt, but was Sarah Addie's favourite?

I mean, there was a point where they were really close, but then it just got to the time where Sarah would constantly have no time for Addie anymore and barely speak.

There was no mean bone in Adeline's body, but when it came to anyone being rude to her younger sister, Wheezie, she was different. There was one time someone in middle school was bullying Wheezie for having glasses, Adeline simply went up to them and slapped them around the face, causing her to get grounded and she was suspended for a day.

Addie never really thought she was pretty, she always just thought Sarah was better.

It killed her to see her sister get and achieve everything she was incapable of achieving. Her father never really cared about what Addie did. As long as her reputation wasn't ruined, nothing mattered to him, Sarah was perfect, and she always would be.

No one ever knew Addie as Addie it was always just 'Sarah's sister' or 'Ward's daughter' until she met Kiara

゚•┈୨♡୧┈•

Addie met Kiara when she was 7, she met her at kindergarten. Addie may not have been a pogue but she was also not a full kook. She cared about small things. Such as, surfing, making bracelets, baking, feeding ducks, doing her hair, dressing up and helping those people in need. But the day she snuck out to meet with friends, she had changed, her whole life had changed, and she knew that. She was willing to risk whatever she has worked up and earned for it to all be ruined.

Most people wanted to live Addies life, except her. The most she has went through in her life is her mother passing when she was only 7 years old. She didn't understand it then, but now she's older she does.

That's why she sees Rose as a mother figure and appreciates her.

Most people her age would spend their weekends partying, which Addie never did unless her sister practically dragged her to go with her. She would spend her weekends with her younger sister watching movies, eating popcorn, sneaking onto The druthers and even sometimes Sarah would join.

In the summer, it was like a break from reality for Adeline. She could relax for two whole months, not being nagged at to do homework, not to have to get up early, just relax, and drift away from the real world for a while.

゚•┈୨♡୧┈•

MAISIE SPEAKS
helloooooo im so sorry this is so short
next chapter will be longer
lowkey addie is my baby I feel so bad for her
p.s she won't be lonely for long😚😚

make sure to follow my tiktok for edits of to be like you🫶🏼🫶🏼
@toughlove.wp
okay bye bye