Chapter 2

Abby walks into her apartment where her twin sister Ava is sitting on the couch in the dark. "Oh My God Ava I just had the best night ever with the most coolest sweetest guy ever." "Who Abby?" "Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day." "No way." "I got his number in my phone." "No you don't." "We went and got coffee and just hung out and talked. After he gave me his number. So you remember that short, green eyed, brunette young pregnant girl you were trying to flirt with today? Well she's Billie's 15 year old daughter Emma who by the way is off limits to you." "Why's that Abby she's cute." "Because Ava, she's 15 and pregnant with Down Syndrome you don't want to confuse her and besides you don't even know if she's gay and your too old for her anyways." "Why is it that you always try to ruin my fun Abigail?" "It's for your own good Ava. I don't need you ruining the beginning of something I think could be really good for me. I really like Billie Joe like a lot. He goes on tour next month so I want to try to make the most of the time we have together."

Billie finally gets home walking though the door of the house he shares with Mike and Tre. Billie notices Tre laying on the couch. "Hay how was your date?" "Great. Tre is Emma in bed?" "Yes she is Billie." "The baby has been very active tonight." "I remember Emma was the most active around bed time and when we were working." Billie looks at Tre. "Thank you for being dad tonight, I really like Abby and I will figure out this whole single dad dating thing so you and Mike don't always have Emma." "It's no big deal Billie we love Emma and the baby." "That's sweet. I'm gonna go check on Emma." Billie goes upstairs and peeks in Emma's door. "Hay Emma get some sleep you have a doctor's appointment in the morning, night sweetheart." "Goodnight daddy."

In the morning Emma is in the bathroom puking. Billie knocks on the door. "Emma you ok sweety?" "I'm just puking." Billie walks in and rubs Emma's back. "It's ok Emma I love you." "I love you too daddy." Emma finishes and gets ready for her doctor's appointment.

Emma and Billie get to the appointment. "Are you nervous Emma?" "No." The Nurse calls Emma back to the room and Billie follows her. The Nurse checks Emma and then the doctor walks in. "Everything looks good so far." "Doc Emma still has some nasty morning sickness. We will keep an eye on it." Billie nods, "I was sick my whole pregnancy with Emma." Emma get up on the table and lay down please so we can do the ultrasound. "Here is your baby Emma. Would you like to the gender of your baby?" "Yes." "Your having a girl." Billie has some happy tears in his eyes. "But it looks like the baby has Down Syndrome, Autism and Spina Bifida." Emma starts crying and Billie rubs her back. "I know how to handle this because I had you Emma. So everything well be ok your healthy and the baby is as healthy as she can be with what she has."

Billie and Emma get home where Mike and Tre are waiting for them. Mike looks at them, "so how was the appointment? What is the baby." "Emma sweety go upstairs and lay down I need to talk to you Uncles." "Ok daddy", Emma goes up to her room and closes the door. Billie just starts crying. Mike hugs Billie, "what's wrong?" "My granddaughter has Down Syndrome and I know its going to be worse for her because of Emma. And she also has Autism and Spina Bifida. What if she can't walk or talk or anything." "So what are your options?" "Well the doctor is looking everything over and he will get back to us in a couple of days so we can talk in his office." "I think Mike and I should be there we want to be there. I know Emma is going to be looking at you Billie for help with this." "I'm scared." "I know you are", Mike says. "We are here for both of you Billie." "I'm gonna go for a walk guys", Billie puts on his hoodie and grabs his phone and leaves. Billie is walking around his neighborhood on the beautiful sunny day just thinking. He takes out his phone to call Abby, after a few rings she answers. "Hello?" "Hay Its Billie I really enjoyed our date last night I really like you a lot. But I have a lot going on I just found our today thats my granddaughter has Down Syndrome, Autism and Spina Bifida and I know I'm going to have a big decision when the doctor goes over the options with us in a few days." "Billie I like you a lot and I'm here for you and everyone for whatever you all need. And oh I too enjoyed last night thank you."